PDA

View Full Version : 9.5 News Peeeeeze!!!!!

Talc
07-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Alright im not part of the beta, "for my own reasons" but can we please have some news. I'm gagging to here any small titbit of info. Not wanting anyone to get band (NDA and all that) but its dead around here. So come on NewteK & all you public beta's leek something!!!!!

3dwannabes
07-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Its about .00001% better then 9.3, and thats being generous!:sleeping:

Talc
07-07-2008, 06:26 PM
I've heard the prodictive frame mode is second to none with its ability to indecate if the balcance of you composition is ok. "Looking space, rule of thirds", must be some complicated maths going on there & the motion style sheet with full cognitive asset management system! All i can say is Wow!

Talc
07-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Do we have to call a stylist, cause the hair dressing department is taking to long or should we get the lighing department to beaf up our set so no-one notices? It's all gues work so far. PR is kicking up a storm because the blurb for the poster isnt ready!

Give us a clue?:neener:

KevinL
07-07-2008, 09:21 PM
NDA. Wikipedia it.

They aren't light hearted jokes, they are legal contracts. If you are in the 9.x version at all, you can always sign up for the 9.5 beta and not actually install (why, I couldn't begin to guess) then you have access to the 9.5 beta forums.

Good Luck,
Kevin L.

voriax
07-07-2008, 11:22 PM
That would be torture.. signing up for the beta, reading about what everyone else is doing, and not doing it yourself..

*Pete*
07-08-2008, 01:51 AM
If you search for lw 9.5, you should find loads of posts with information of it that is free for all, about things like fiberFX and the new lights, which to me are the most important improvements in the new beta.

expect everything to be better, and have patience untill it gets released.......or just join the beta as voriax says and see for youself. ;)

Cageman
07-08-2008, 01:59 AM
I smell Trolls...

colkai
07-08-2008, 02:26 AM
Ya think? :D
Ideas as to some peoples real identities on a postcard to..WhoCares.com ;)

Red_Oddity
07-08-2008, 04:13 AM

That's not really fair, there's a lot of really cool stuff in there.
Some of it is lackluster, but some of the new stuff is a real time saver and only adds to the value of the program.
Most of these new features would have been a paid point release when it would have been in one of the suites from say Autodesk.

Can't say what has been implemented offcourse, NDA and all.

archijam
07-08-2008, 04:24 AM

Have you looked at 3Dwannabes other posts? troll-o-rama. Either the Bryph'ster is back on the wagon, or he's got an evil twin...

We're wasting breath here, move along ...

Red_Oddity
07-08-2008, 06:41 AM
Have you looked at 3Dwannabes other posts? troll-o-rama. Either the Bryph'ster is back on the wagon, or he's got an evil twin...

We're wasting breath here, move along ...

Yes, i noticed, most of his replies in other threads are far from nice nor constructive.

animotion
07-08-2008, 08:42 AM
SOOO TRUE!
If you own a leagal copy of LW 9X there is no reason that you can't join the beta to see the progress, install or not.

aurora
07-08-2008, 09:30 AM
9.5? Dang this is news to me :jester:

Its about .00001% better then 9.3, and thats being generous!
My guess is hes actually dyslexic and really meant 10000% better becuase add another two 0's and he'd be right on!

Weetos
07-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Alright im not part of the beta, "for my own reasons"

If those reasons are related to not having time for feedback and all, or because of stability issues in a prod environment , this is definitely not a problem. As someone said Open Beta program is open to anyone owning at least one LW9 seat, and you're not forced to use the software or to submit any reports in any way, you can be as passive as you like, just lurking around what's cooking there.

Dexter2999
07-08-2008, 12:52 PM
If those reasons are related to not having time for feedback and all, or because of stability issues in a prod environment , this is definitely not a problem. As someone said Open Beta program is open to anyone owning at least one LW9 seat, and you're not forced to use the software or to submit any reports in any way, you can be as passive as you like, just lurking around what's cooking there.

That is the reason I signed up for the beta. Just to keep tabs on what's on the horizon.

Talc
07-08-2008, 05:45 PM

As you say "Play fair!" I do have my reasons for not being part of the beta & i do own a legal copy of the software, as always "work" would have it no other way!

So bring it on, let's hear the good news. When can we expect the juicy goodness that is 9.5 to wash over us. Who's going to spill the beans and let the rest of the world know that Newtek has come up with new sliced bread that will revolutionize the world of 3D

littlewaves
07-08-2008, 06:19 PM
As you say "Play fair!" I do have my reasons for not being part of the beta & i do own a legal copy of the software, as always "work" would have it no other way!

So bring it on, let's hear the good news. When can we expect the juicy goodness that is 9.5 to wash over us. Who's going to spill the beans and let the rest of the world know that Newtek has come up with new sliced bread that will revolutionize the world of 3D

sorry dude I just don't get it. Why can't you just join the open beta and then check out the beta forums where you'll find plenty of discussion about 9.5?

No-one is forcing you to test every feature or analyze it 24/7

hrgiger
07-08-2008, 06:21 PM

I think I speak for everyone when I say Shut up A-hole.

aurora
07-08-2008, 06:26 PM

The point is, nobody will, not until it is ready for public release or until NT shows it off at Siggraph. Since everybody that knows is under legal contract via their NDA's nobody will be stupid enough to break it, loose OB privileges and worse.

Talc
07-08-2008, 06:52 PM
All good fun, I hope?

I don't want to join the beta cause i'd feel compeled to test & comment but aside from free time i can not. However without tralling throw the forum there seems to be little news about the upgrade. "Best kept secrets" are simply that, secrets! It would be nice to hear & feel a buzz. PR, Marketing and lots of other words i can't spell.

So what's the SP, good/bad should i be getting the tissues lined up. Do i have to wait until christmas or is santa coming early.

What are they leaving out for a full point upgrade meaning i'll have to start saving now.

You in the know should stop teasing me with your silence & at least fuel my imagination with a few kind words.

Yours faithfully

A non beta, Joe blow:jester:

aurora
07-08-2008, 07:07 PM
I only have to wait a couple of weeks till Siggraph and most likely NT will spill all.

Talc
07-08-2008, 07:13 PM
I only have to wait a couple of weeks till Siggraph and most likely NT will spill all.

Good one, my first clue:) As holmes would say "the game is a foot!" why not 12 inches but thats metric v what ever:boogiedow

KevinL
07-08-2008, 07:50 PM
I have a great idea :) Take up knitting, with kevlar......

and forget about 9.5, wait for release x-16z, scheduled for summer 2104. It's the killer release that will kill all other apps, the film industry, medical waste disposal, tiddly winks....

Sorry, got infected with whatever horse**** was being shoveled. A strong clue would have been reading the thread title (please spelled as peeeeze, aha)

I will avoid this thread,
:)

meatycheesyboy
07-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Sometimes I wish this place was more strictly moderated, so that useless posts like this one wouldn't exist in useless threads like this one.

Maybe someone will read this post and have the humanity to put this thread out of it's misery.

I too will be avoiding this thread from here on out.

beverins
07-08-2008, 09:42 PM
did you somehow not see this stickied post?

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80543

AbnRanger
07-08-2008, 11:16 PM
All good fun, I hope?

I don't want to join the beta cause i'd feel compeled to test & comment but aside from free time i can not. However without tralling throw the forum there seems to be little news about the upgrade. "Best kept secrets" are simply that, secrets! It would be nice to hear & feel a buzz. PR, Marketing and lots of other words i can't spell.

So what's the SP, good/bad should i be getting the tissues lined up. Do i have to wait until christmas or is santa coming early.

What are they leaving out for a full point upgrade meaning i'll have to start saving now.

You in the know should stop teasing me with your silence & at least fuel my imagination with a few kind words.

Yours faithfully

A non beta, Joe blow:jester:What's the problem here? Did they or did they not publicly list the additions in 9.5 months ago. They also openly announced recently that they would be showing it off at Siggraph this year. So, you know what they added. You know that they are testing and refining those features during this OB process. And you know that they will be showing it at Siggy. So, what's left to know, I ask?
This thread is but a waste of time.

Talc
07-09-2008, 06:40 AM
Can feel the love here. I'll just move into the corner and sit quietly!:bangwall:

Cageman
07-09-2008, 07:34 AM
Tell you what...

...if you can avoid joining the OB for the above mentioned reasons, you should be able to join the OB, get the news AND restrain yourself from testing.

Get over it or join the OB.

...Simple as counting to 3...

Bassam souri
07-09-2008, 07:35 AM
i try it but keytrak dosnt work with Lw 9.5 anyone try it

Cageman
07-09-2008, 07:39 AM
Ask in OB...

animotion
07-09-2008, 08:49 AM
How about that new slipjointsidechainbetaballs feature!!!!!! very cool!!!!! i've been waiting for that one for a while.

Now i can create that box that has eluded me for so long. :)

Talc
07-09-2008, 10:42 AM
I have heard that the new "flocking engine" based on a refinement of massive requires you to build a pub as the goal before the AI soldiers will go into battle:devil:

OOZZEE
07-09-2008, 10:53 AM
hey is there a forum section for 9.5 open beta with updates as I remember seeing it for 9.3 but cant seem to find it for 9.5 even though I am registered for 9.5 OB.

is there something I forgot to do ?

thanks

animotion
07-09-2008, 11:03 AM
the AI soldiers feature only works if you have XSI installed as a Lightwave plugin.

Chris S. (Fez)
07-09-2008, 12:44 PM
The Poor Man's instancing is a workaround but quite innovative. Here's a quick tutorial:

1) Do Tequila shots until you see 2 of everything onscreen ("multi-thread" the effect by head-butting the monitor). More shots=more instances.
2) For instance-multiplying shake your monitor while slapping it and screaming "Get a hold of yourself!!". See "Airplane" for reference.
3) For theoretically infinite instances enlist a fat friend with Parkinsons, set your screen on the jiggliest section of his/her stomach and start tickling during some seismic event.
4) If your friend is neither fat nor suffering from severe enough tremor symptoms, simply hold a gun-shy Basset Hound in your lap, strap your monitor to its back and set a firecracker off in your crotch.

Bleeding edge stuff man...emphasis on bleeding.

Most...pointless...post...ever...YES!!

Cageman
07-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Ahh...

That's probably the best instancer-trick to date...

But you never mentioned if it will be doable in LW... I've heard somewhere that LW isn't a good 3D app so I'm quite sure it won't work in LW... you have to have Maya or XSI... maybe even Houdini... yeah... that's what I've heard... yeah...

Red_Oddity
07-09-2008, 04:30 PM
I like the new sheep launcher tool though...

And the 'can of tunafish' primitive rocks.

I hate the new camera battery plugin though, it never seems to have enough juice to finish a render.

...ah...yes...it's time to go sleepy bye bye now...

Talc
07-09-2008, 05:37 PM
The Poor Man's instancing is a workaround but quite innovative. Here's a quick tutorial:

1) Do Tequila shots until you see 2 of everything onscreen ("multi-thread" the effect by head-butting the monitor). More shots=more instances.
2) For instance-multiplying shake your monitor while slapping it and screaming "Get a hold of yourself!!". See "Airplane" for reference.
3) For theoretically infinite instances enlist a fat friend with Parkinsons, set your screen on the jiggliest section of his/her stomach and start tickling during some seismic event.
4) If your friend is neither fat nor suffering from severe enough tremor symptoms, simply hold a gun-shy Basset Hound in your lap, strap your monitor to its back and set a firecracker off in your crotch.

Bleeding edge stuff man...emphasis on bleeding.

Most...pointless...post...ever...YES!!

And the best spitting your coffee over the computer screen whilst choking on a cream cake goes too...

but wait no, i feel the lick of a flame, oops the bowls went aswell (bottom hummer!):hat:I just can't stop!

Talc
07-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Have you heard about the easter eggs in the new build, apparently there's a whale & bowl of pertunias primative if you get the right key combination. Puts Max's kettle to shame!

animotion
07-09-2008, 09:57 PM
I like the new fat/flesh simulator its called RUMP SHAEKAH OOOOOO HOOOOO.

And it works with FPrime.

AbnRanger
07-10-2008, 06:25 AM
Ahh...

That's probably the best instancer-trick to date...

But you never mentioned if it will be doable in LW... I've heard somewhere that LW isn't a good 3D app so I'm quite sure it won't work in LW... you have to have Maya or XSI... maybe even Houdini... yeah... that's what I've heard... yeah...Nah...you can instance all day long in those programs...totally sober.
Only LW requires this workaround....or fork out the cash for HD Instance. One of these years we may well find instances under the Christmas tree. Stay tuned to found out

Talc
07-10-2008, 06:10 PM
I think i speak for all of the hairy yeti's amongst us when i say there is a destict lack of sympathy toward the lush long mane & over abundance of chest hair. This folucal envy has got to stop. Get a wig for dieties sake. You don't know what it's like. Day in & day out to suffer the perpetual torment of others male pattern boldness. Pimple faced youths stenciling on mustaches, where does it end. Nuts & berries trapped in your beard. Losing all the teeth in your combe & finding them the next day in a knot half way down your back. Quit whilst your ahead & except your bold scalps.

Halt the madness. What we really need is a shaver!

Cageman
07-11-2008, 03:43 AM
Nah...you can instance all day long in those programs...totally sober.
Only LW requires this workaround....or fork out the cash for HD Instance. One of these years we may well find instances under the Christmas tree. Stay tuned to found out

On that note...

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86107

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86068

Not true instancing, but I can see uses for this.... :)

Steve McRae
07-12-2008, 08:48 AM
I think I speak for everyone when I say Shut up A-hole.

boy what great forums these are! what class!

Mike_RB
07-12-2008, 10:11 AM

Yeah, top notch.

archijam
07-12-2008, 03:03 PM

Whateverrrrrr. He was recognised and got banned (again) shortly after.

In other news: VertexMonkey is a fantastic site by the way, keep up the good work! Looks like the scripting side of m*d* is producing some very handy stuff.

Will keep an eye on it..