PDA

View Full Version : Ability to pull IN live streams!

TappedOut
07-07-2008, 01:30 AM
If you had the ability to PULL in and play live streams you could take two Tricasters in other parts of the world and do a TRUE live remote broadcast. That would be amazing. I could have one crew in NY broadcasting like (someone on the phone with other crew) and another crew in LA and you could "PASS" the station over to the other crew and then back to you. Right now we do it but you need the tricaster and another computer but to be able to pull in a LIVE stream into the tricaster as an input would be awesome!

Think of the selling factor as well. Retailers would sell a lot more if they could plug the fact that you could do true remote broadcasting at the same time no matter where the location!

Quiet1onTheSet
07-07-2008, 09:07 AM
Retailers would sell a lot more if they could plug the fact that you could do true remote broadcasting at the same time no matter where the location!I've thought of this quite frequently, only to surmise there'd be an issue of two-fold delay, since you'd have two groups of on-camera talent, employing streaming workstations to "talk to each other". So, in terms of having to grapple with such delays, how might that scenario compare to the use of conventional teleconferencing equipment over -- say, cable, fiber, T-1, etc.?

Q1

TappedOut
07-13-2008, 09:29 PM
I've thought of this quite frequently, only to surmise there'd be an issue of two-fold delay, since you'd have two groups of on-camera talent, employing streaming workstations to "talk to each other". So, in terms of having to grapple with such delays, how might that scenario compare to the use of conventional teleconferencing equipment over -- say, cable, fiber, T-1, etc.?

Q1

Actually there would be a delay but not on the side of the viewers. We do it all the time but using another computer to go full screen and pull in the feed. There would be a phone conversation needed to tell the other team when to talk and cue them up but the point here is a low cost solution do to live remote broadcasts. When you start talking fiber, T1's etc its no longer a low cost solution. Not to mention with all the people that are streaming or going to be streaming in the future this is something that would be an awesome feature IMO. Like I said we do it all the time now but we have to use another computer to do it! It would be nice if it was built in to pull in the feed with a simple URL input!