PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had this happen?F9,then LW hangs?

wgreenlee1
07-27-2003, 02:46 AM
Anyone had this happen?F9,then LW hangs?

Hey everyone....

When I press F9 LW goes through the motions and then when its done rendering it hangs.
Now when this happens I press "ctrl+alt+delete" on when the task manager pops up ,without doing anything LW then finishes bringing the render to the image frame.

I guess I'm going to call Newtek but thought I would try here.

I dont know what the problem is..
No virus software,nothing out of the ordinary on my computer that would cause this.

I have the drivers for XP and XP is all up to date....
Never had this happen before,has anyone else.

Thanks....

(Back into lurking mode, ):D

riki
07-27-2003, 07:12 AM
Sometimes I press F9 wait for the render to finish and then don't get any image at the end. Before you say anything the 'Render Display' is set to 'Image Viewer'.

hrgiger
07-27-2003, 10:24 PM
The only time I get a hang on F9 is when I have a really high poly level scene and I'll get a little message that says optimising polygons. That doesn't take too long.
Oh, and sometimes it hangs with no message before Sasquatch kicks in but that's the only problems I've had.

Hervé
07-28-2003, 01:58 AM
Same as you Riki... sometimes even though Image viewer is ON, there is no picture at the end... and it looks it's not platform related since Riki is on a Mac and I am on a Boxx....

..... hummmm, but I am sure it is fixed in LW8, ..... Big Chief NT will now speak.... (let's hope)

later;)

basbrouwers
07-28-2003, 02:01 AM
I've had this problem severral times, buit only when I'm doing a lot of other stuff while rendering. So now I just sit back and let Lightwave take over my computer when rendering!

Bas

Hervé
07-28-2003, 02:06 AM
It is hapening for me with just LW rendering.... nothing else...

wgreenlee1
07-28-2003, 05:02 AM
Thanks guys.
I figured it out sort of....

I think I tweak my registry a little too much.
I went back to one of my older regedits and its working again.
What I did to mess it up I dont know but if I do it again I will look more closely.

Thanks again.....

Back into lurking mode.

riki
07-28-2003, 09:03 AM
I think the issue about the image not appearing after an F9 Render, might be related to memory. It only seems to happen to me on larger more complex images. It's never happened on smaller less intensive renders.

Hervé
07-28-2003, 09:58 AM
again Riki you're reading my mind...