PDA

View Full Version : Deleting surfaces/names?

Smokie
07-02-2008, 11:06 AM
How do you delete a surface or take the name off the list?

colkai
07-02-2008, 11:16 AM
You don't normally, but I am not sure if there is a 3rd party plugin to clear unwanted surfaces.
For me, I normally save the object, clear modeller then re-load. It is a pain, but sometimes, it can be handy if you create some 'temp' surfaces to use as placeholders as we no longer have the temp 'presets' option.

zardoz
07-03-2008, 03:39 AM
sensei did exactly that. here it is
http://www.trueart.eu/?URIType=Directory&URI=Products/Plug-Ins/DeleteUnusedSurfaces

Smokie
07-03-2008, 09:41 AM
Wow thanks very useful!...I was :bangwall: and about to :compbeati trying to delete some surfaces. Cant believe you cant delete a surface without a plug-in.

cagey5
07-03-2008, 09:49 AM
It's not a matter of you can't delete it. If a surface is no longer used then it won't be present next time the model is loaded as in Colkai's suggestion. But it can be distracting enough that people want to have that ability mid-session, if you're one of them then pop in a feature request and it may get implemented. :thumbsup:

Smokie
07-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Ya I just thought there was a way and kept looking. Well it just sucks if you spell the surface name wrong the first time or you change the surface. Im sure there is a valid reason they wouldnt have that option. Either way its a optional option I guess lol so it works out

toby
07-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Ya I just thought there was a way and kept looking. Well it just sucks if you spell the surface name wrong the first time or you change the surface.
You can always rename a surface