PDA

View Full Version : Love'n it

sbloomberg
07-02-2008, 10:53 AM
I just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying the modeler in Lightwave. Yes there are some things I don't like and other things I would like to see included but overall, I'm having a blast.

For the nay-sayers out there...Try it, learn it and use it on a actual project. There is nothing like a real deadline to get you to learn a new program. The more you use it, the faster you will get. My models are already getting more efficient (less polys).

That's about all I wanted to say.

-Steve

bobakabob
07-02-2008, 06:41 PM
So right. Modeler may have been neglected by Newtek lately, but if you switch to the Production mode interface all the vital tools are there and there's nothing you can't model. There's a rather amusing thread here... (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85651)

hrgiger
07-02-2008, 08:15 PM
While modeler has not received a lot of love from Newtek lately, it still holds water IMHO of course. What it lacks in some of the more recent developments in the CG industry, it makes up for in its straight forwardness if that's even a word. I know that once Newtek does decide to show the love to modeler, it'll see some nice additions.

colkai
07-03-2008, 02:35 AM
Modeller IS definitely showing it's age and needs a serious overhaul.

However, couple it with LWCAD and it's still a nice bit of kit to use and I still gravitate to it over using Silo2 or XSI ModTool. It always felt "familiar", even when I first opened it.

It's the only modeller I could produce something with without having to spend ages learning all the icons and shortcuts first.