PDA

View Full Version : Sentinal usb drivers will not install correctly

robk
07-26-2003, 06:19 PM
I just bought Lightwave and the sentinal drivers will not install on my XP pro machine! Why not?
Since the Sentinal drivers will not install Lightwave will not install.
Basicly I am one pissed off new customer!

Please tell me how to fix this problem.

The xp pro tell me somewhere in the installation that the sentinal software usb drivers are not microsoft approved and seems to refuse to install them. My setup is as follows

Win XP Pro
1 gig of ram
128 mb ati radeom 9700 pro aiw card
amd 2600 processor on a gigibyte motherboard.

Is there any setting I need to make in the cmos to get this Software to install? Please don't tell me something stupid like Lightwave doesn't run on XP Pro!

Rob Klein

mrunion
07-26-2003, 08:29 PM
When I got LW, I had already been reading through the forms on how to install, etc.

Basically, here's what I did:

1) Got LW and grinned VERY big.
2) Downloaded the latest drivers for the sentinal from Rainbow (don't know the web address, but it's got "rainbow" in the URL.)
3) Installed those drivers.
4) Attached USB dongle.
5) Installed LW.
6) ....began an experience I will never foget..... :D

robk
07-27-2003, 07:56 AM
Matt

Thanks Matt. I searched the forums also and got the drivers from the rainbow site yesterday a short while after I posted my message. I appreciate your reply though. I would have thought that Newtek would have something like this posted front and center on one of it's technical support pages.

Well I have spent about ten years rendering with another 3D program (Imagine) so my journey is just about to begin. the hardest part will be forgetting the old and learning the new.

Thanks again
Rob K

Matt
07-27-2003, 09:32 AM
I had a problem with the Sentinal drivers too.

It boiled down to simply installing BOTH USB and Serial drivers, when I installed just the USB ones (because it's a USB dongle!) it didn't work.

Put 'em both on - it did!

Exactly the same with both Windows 2000 and XP Pro.

(another) Matt!

mrunion
07-27-2003, 02:40 PM
Hey! I started with Imagine too! (Still have IFW v2.0, but it's not installed.)

Got it as version 2.0 for DOS on a diskette that came with a Book called 3D Imagery or something!

Cool!

:D :D

colkai
07-28-2003, 02:56 AM
Povray for me,
Then Imagine 3.0 off a disk on PCFormat.
Now I wave! :D