PDA

View Full Version : VT33 card LiveSet multi-instance???

hruffin3
07-01-2008, 02:11 PM
when i first tried livematte and liveset i followed the manual - which was seeming to say that the background for the matte was the main bus - and somehow i could switch between two different livesets - i was avoiding the glitch on vt33 by setting up the livesets on the preview bus with the tabs on the 8 channel switcher. Somehow i figured out that it would not glitch by setting the main and preview busses to the same patchbay - DDR - but the effercts bus had to be either the Audioscope or Noise, anything else would glitch the video to the monitors. BUT then when i re-read the manual i saw the other option to set up sets and opened up the Input Setup panel and my trick didn't work anymore - everytime i activate a second liveset the video outputs crash. I can set up two livesets if there is no Black on a patchbay and no Camera (maybe?? the testing matrix for this feature !!!) but when i try to get away from my first trick (preview = main) it glitches and i cannot figure out what i did before to get it to be so that preview is not equal to main and you could switch between two or more livesets.

to make it more clear - should a vt33 system be able to setup and switch between multi-instances of liveset and if so HOW???

SBowie
07-01-2008, 02:26 PM
For starters, make sure you have Preferences>Preview/Alpha Output disabled.

As far as switching between multiple instances -- hardware permitting, you can switch between two different LiveSet enabled sources on the Switcher ... but if you need to switch between two LiveSet shots applied to a single Switcher source, you've basically got two options: cut between them using the quad selector, if that will do what you want; or split the incoming source to multiple connectors at the SX-8/84, and then set up both with the appropriate LiveSet shots.

hruffin3
07-07-2008, 01:48 PM
still get the crash when i enable the second liveset
i may need the latest nvidia drivers yet - ??

vt[5] / vt33card running on a P4 with 8xNvidia 6200 card
4 256mb RDram - system sees 2 gb ram
4 10K SCSI raid

tried all ways to move away from Preview Bus source = Main source
keyboard F1 or 1 to change and use items context menu to move to Preview/ or Main - all options crash as if i had selected the source with a mouse click on a bay ... because i don't want the same source on both but that is the only way to setup and enable more than two livesets every other method causes the crash as soon as i enable the second liveset.

SBowie
07-07-2008, 04:00 PM
4 256mb RDram - system sees 2 gb ramMy older system did the same thing, actually. But how do you get 2GB of RAM out of 4X256MB?

I think you want - as a minimum for this - 2GB of RAM and an 800mHz FSB.

hruffin3
07-08-2008, 05:59 AM
thats the spec - and i think the system settings panel says 2 but its really only 1gb of 32bit space - divide that by 16 bits.

anyway my p4 is 2.4ghz and bus is 533mhz so it should work on my future system?

SBowie
07-08-2008, 06:33 AM
anyway my p4 is 2.4ghz and bus is 533mhz so it should work on my future system?Honestly, I think it's seriously lightweight for LiveSet purposes. imho, think Core 2 duo or preferably quad core, and at least 800mHz FSB. This need not be a huge investment these days, thankfully.

hruffin3
07-09-2008, 01:42 PM
audio with a clip with liveset is usually noticebly not keeping up - even from a dedicated audio/dve drive - video is a little better or not as noticeable - unless the clip reaches the end and then the screen can go black for just a second!!

i need the newer core duo - but heres my workaround for now

enable livesets on the patchbays where you want them - leave Main bus alone- no liveset there - enable the livemattes for the enabled livesets -
this works when you manually set the Tbar so that the Preview Bus is over the Main Bus - it goes out as Program - you can switch between any of the sets by clicking on the Bus on a preview, not the main, you can click to change the main but don't change the main to a liveset enabled bus or pull out of the Tbar to finish switching. Best of all the Effects Bus can have ddr or camera But i can't enable a liveset on the main and the preview and transistion only Click to take the Tbared preview to another liveset preview similar to PIP via dve.

duo core then a real camera then vtpro then sx-84 newteks future is solid.

HostV
07-12-2008, 01:48 AM
quad core I hope you do understand that it is little bit expensive soli\ution for now. I think that you need Dual not more

SBowie
07-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Actually, it may be different in some locales, but quads are dirt-cheap these days here. For the difference, I wouldn't even consider anything less.

stargatesg1
07-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Are you talking about 2 live sets different ones on different sources? ie 2 cameras? so that camera 1 is live set 1 and say camera 2 is say the reverse angle type of thing? i know that mabye a dve won't work but surly even with the older vt cards cant a hard cut work?
CJ
[email protected]

SBowie
07-14-2008, 09:21 AM
i know that mabye a dve won't work but surly even with the older vt cards cant a hard cut work?In my experience, on some older systems, simply enabling the second LiveSet on Preview has been enough to kill video output requiring a re-start - so I have to say no. YMMV.

hruffin3
07-14-2008, 02:28 PM
even just a hard cut from preview to main will glitch ... its when you click on a source or TAKE or AUTO with more than one LIVESET active.

it does do that on my system, so i use that workaround with the Tbar activated.

SBowie
07-14-2008, 05:04 PM
As I said, I've seen older systems twig out even without hitting Take or Auto. Just switching on LiveMatte (not even LiveSet) for a second source has done it at times.