PDA

View Full Version : Saving Graph Editor Settings ???

billuke
06-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Ok I'm stumped, 1st I'm in LW 7.0. 2nd how do you save graph editor settings? I checked the manual...nothing I checked the forums...nothing

I saved a scene ( thinking my GE settings would also be saved,BUT NOT.I lost all my frikin settings from about 7 hours work.Can you save these keyframe settings? Please Help.

Thanks

billuke
06-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Ok I'm stumped, 1st I'm in LW 7.0. 2nd how do you save graph editor settings? I checked the manual...nothing I checked the forums...nothing

I saved a scene ( thinking my GE settings would also be saved,BUT NOT.I lost all my frikin settings from about 7 hours work.Can you save these keyframe settings? Please Help.

Thanks
PS. I want to save the settings for the luminosity settings.

medicalart
06-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Luminosity settings for a surface I assume. If you change an object's settings, then you have to "Save Current Object" in order to preserve it in Layout. ( I'm not sure you can even do this in version 7.) Otherwise, use Modeler for object surface settings because then the surface settings will be automatically saved.

billuke
06-30-2008, 08:45 PM
I need to animate the lum channel over time.I'm not + but I think I have to create a favorite channel to save it,or a bin or something.I'll keep trying and thanks.

Dodgy
06-30-2008, 09:45 PM
If you're changing a surface, you have to save the object. Surfaces are saved with the object.

billuke
06-30-2008, 09:55 PM
I,m trying to save a lumanence channel that is keyframed ie: brighter,dimmer over time,not just a single setting .

Dodgy
06-30-2008, 10:43 PM
You still need to save the object. Envelopes are stored in the object if they're surface envelopes.

digefxgrp
07-01-2008, 06:31 AM
As the others have said, after making the adjustments to your graph, in this case luminance, re-saving the object will preserve the changes and settings made to that object.
You can also right click on any given graph editor channel and save that individual setting to disc. That allows you to reload it or use it for another channel if desired.

billuke
07-01-2008, 07:20 AM
As the others have said, after making the adjustments to your graph, in this case luminance, re-saving the object will preserve the changes and settings made to that object.
You can also right click on any given graph editor channel and save that individual setting to disc. That allows you to reload it or use it for another channel if desired.

I think I have it now,and thanks for the screen shot.