PDA

View Full Version : No Key Invert?

Goldenthesarge
06-30-2008, 11:13 AM
I don't have all that much time to play with SE as it's not my day job. I've had a look and I can't see and option to invert either a luma or chroma key, am I being stupid. If not is it something that could be built into a later update/new version?

:)

SBowie
06-30-2008, 11:27 AM
In the control tree, you can crank the knob into the negative zone ... this can effectively invert a key tolerance range.

Goldenthesarge
06-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Cheers for the reply Steve.

I've played with this but I find it quite fiddly and sometime it's easier to set a key up in one way and then invert it.

Also is it just me or do you not get the same visual range of adjustment in the negative side of the knob?

Quiet1onTheSet
06-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Cheers for the reply Steve.

I've played with this but I find it quite fiddly and sometime it's easier to set a key up in one way and then invert it.

Also is it just me or do you not get the same visual range of adjustment in the negative side of the knob?
Try typing in a negative integer in the numerical entry box, and then from there, try "dialing" the knob(s) in order to tweak for best results.

One other thing: When using the "dial" method, you might find it useful at times to simultaneously hold down the CTRL key for fine, incremental tweaking that's 10x more precise, Goldenthesarge.

Hope that helps.

-Q1

SBowie
06-30-2008, 02:22 PM
... it's easier to set a key up in one way and then invert it.Yeah, I tend to agree - a simple "Invert" switch would be nice, and also in the relevant color correction control panel areas. You should add this to the Feature Request section. :)

Also is it just me or do you not get the same visual range of adjustment in the negative side of the knob?Well, the numeric range is -255 to 255, but perhaps I miss your point.

Goldenthesarge
06-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Q1 :thumbsup:

Steve, I know in theory you should have the same negative adjustment as you do positive, and it's probably just me, but visually there doesn't seem to be as much negative adjutsment as there is positive, but that's probably in my head 8~

Also Steve, is not the features request forum :question:

SBowie
06-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Also Steve, is not the features request forum :question:Oh - duh! :confused:

(I should look up once in awhile!)