PDA

View Full Version : Morphing an UV map

Dirk
06-27-2008, 08:42 AM
Hi all,

how do I morph an UV map so that it shows a different part of a texture image?

What I want to do: I'm working on a very simple character, where the face is only a texture. I wanted to place several faces on one texture, and change the face by using morphs (in layout, I would use stepped motion curves, so the face would simply change, with no animation).

But it looks as if there is no way to morph an UV map.

One reason to change the face via morphs (and not exchanging the texture) would be the ability to adjust the UV map so the face fits better on the head.

Does anybody have an idea how to do that?

xchrisx
06-27-2008, 11:35 AM
i know this doesnt sound like the best solution, but you could always load multiple images onto the face surface of the character and envelope their opacity. if you wanted to get even more sophisticated with it, you could tie the opacity channels to nulls and animate the nulls for the different textures. this still requires a bit of work, but depending on what you need it may work. i attached a simple scene so you can see what i mean and if you have any questions about how i set it up feel free to ask.

move the nulls between 0 and 1m on the Y to change the colors (and you can make viper previews to check).

spiroz
06-27-2008, 05:36 PM
It is possible to morph between UV-maps. I have discovered a truly
marvellous proof of this, which this margin is too narrow to contain.

No, really. I'll try to find some time to make a node setup tomorrow. :)

spiroz
06-28-2008, 05:02 AM
Ok, the setup is up here.. http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?p=715528

Dirk
06-30-2008, 11:49 AM
Thanks guys!

Wow, spirosa, that's damn cool !