PDA

View Full Version : Free IK Booster Demo

kurv
06-25-2008, 11:20 PM
Larry Shultz has agreed to give a 30 minute demo on IK Booster this coming Saturday from 3:15 - 3:45 CST.

Larry will demonstrate how quickly IK Boost can rig and animate a character.

Larry has saves the studio he is working for many many hours of work by implementing LightWave more over IK Boost... watch how he has saved their project with LightWave 3D.

In case you did not know, IK Booster has been in LightWave 3D since version 8 so all of you out there reading this... have IK Booster .

Join us and see how the tool you already own, can save your next animation project!

Register, space is limited!

After the IK Booster class, stick around and watch Tim Dunn's (aurora) first class on Introduction to Particles and Hypervoxels at 4:00 CST

BigHache
06-26-2008, 01:31 AM
Thanks, I've registered and I look forward to watching this.

Phil
06-26-2008, 07:05 AM
Broken link? Live training from the dropdown seems to be looking for :

http://www.kurvstudios.com/live_training/live-training.php

when it should be seeking

http://www.kurvstudios.com/live_training/live_training.php

Jörg
06-26-2008, 08:14 AM
Hi Phil

Use this link https://kurvstudios.webex.com/mw0305l/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=kurvstudios

Then click under live sessions "upcoming" then you'll see the What can IK Boost do for ME! there is on the right hand side the registration button.

Hope it helps.

JJ

The Dommo
06-26-2008, 03:20 PM
I've signed up - ace, can't wait!

voriax
06-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Will these be available later as downloadable videos? .. the live version is at 3am in my time zone.

Jörg
06-26-2008, 10:20 PM
Hi voriax

Yes you can download it later, mostly a day after the live session.

JJ

The Dommo
06-28-2008, 02:03 PM
Well, I've been wating around for almost an hour no, and there's no session happening... The next one is suppoed to have started by now.

Not sure what's going on there.

I'll probably have to get off soon, as it's evening here in the UK.

If this sesh does go ahead, hopefully it will be replayable later for sure.

kurv
06-28-2008, 04:30 PM
No, we had the full session... had a full class :|

Sorry Dommo, were going to have another one next week and we will make the rebroadcast available tonight. I will post a link.

SplineGod
06-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Apparently a lot more ppl registered then we had room for :)
We will be doing this again though.

BTW I got this email from KURV and thought Id pass it along:

Thank you for registering, we appreciate it and hope that those that got in enjoyed the class.

If you missed the live demo, we will have the rebroadcast setup for you in about 2 hours. We will send you a link to it so you can view it 24/7 at your leisure. We will also setup a forum thread on SpinQuad so you can comment, and ask questions in regards to this live demo. That thread will be located here - http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?p=226861#post226861

Also, as I said in last nights email we will be doing another free demo due to the massive response we got from this live demo. We will email you on the time and date of the second one.

We wanted to make a special offer available to only registered members for the class.

For today only, both of our IK Booster training videos are on sale to registered members.

LightWave 3D 9 Rigging & Animating with IK Booster – Regular price, $59.95, today $39.95 (20.00 off)

http://www.kurvstudios.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=LW-T041-001&Category_Code=01-02-01

LightWave 3D [8] IK Booster Video – Regular Pprice, $24.95, today $12.95 (12.00 off)

http://www.kurvstudios.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=LW-T002-0001&Category_Code=01-02-01

kurv
06-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Opps, Larry that was for registered folks only... :|

No worries guys, if you want to see the rebroadcast of the demo you can view it here (https://kurvstudios.webex.com/tc0500l/trainingcenter/record/recordAction.do?siteurl=kurvstudios&recordingID=22233792&actionType=Info&tcRecordingLink=Yes)

Enjoy, let me know if you have trouble seeing it.

UnCommonGrafx
06-28-2008, 06:26 PM
Says invalid url.

I missed it too so am itching to see it...

Dodgy
06-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Something to note is the first 10 mins is just the intro screen.

Eugeny
06-29-2008, 04:27 AM
It's give u to download the *.arf file , w.t.f. is that ? (google says it's AOL file format). If you give it to download is it so hard to translate it to QT or WMV ?

The Dommo
06-29-2008, 08:25 AM
Hi Kurv & Splinegod,

Actually I was in the class, it just started late (about 50 mins?)! I was literally about to stop waiting and do something else, but refreshed the join session page, and suddenly it was active! So, yes I flew in there and was about the 4th to join, under my real-world name, Dominic Osborne - Larry, you answered several of my questions including the one at the end about IK Booster + LW 9.5.

Thanks for an ace sesh, it was really useful, especially as it lasted about double the duration it was supposed to!

LW isn't used much here in the UK. The only person I get to talk to about LW is my colleague in my company. But being with other major users and experiencing what I experienced last night (UK time) during the class, I felt like I was actually part of something BIG for the first time in years.

So thank you for that too.

If I had the cash lying around, I'd be signing up to as many classes as possible.

To anybody else out there, I can't recommend these sessions highly enough. Thanks to everybody and the internet for making this possible.

JamesCurtis
06-29-2008, 10:12 AM
You needed the WebEx software installed to be part of the session.

Actually, I'm not sure it started late. The start time was 3:15 pm [in my email -4 hours GMT Chicago time - Central Time Zone] I'm in Ohio [Eastern Time Zone -5 hours GMT] and it started at 4:15pm for me.

The WebEx player does do conversions - Flash and AVI I believe.

Did enjoy the session. If I can I'm gonna join the next one too - if I'm not locked out that is!

The Dommo
06-29-2008, 10:28 AM
I think I just figured out the time thing - it began at 3:15pm -5 hours GMT.

That means 8:15pm in the UK where GMT originates (and I was waiting around from 8:10pm!). However, that's probably an hour behnid, thinking about it, as we put the clocks forward an hour for summer, so it kinda started at -6 hours GMT lol

My bad.... :(

SplineGod
06-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Hey Dominic,
Im glad that you found it useful in more then one way. I agree with you about how it makes you feel like youre part of a big network. We will continue to be doing the live classes with the free ones tossed in on a regular basis. I think its pretty cool that so many ppl could be participating at the same time yet live all over the planet. :

The session did start on time BTW. Also I answered a couple of your questions in the support area on SQ for the demo:
http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?p=226940#post226940

I also notice that KURV is heavily discounting the IKB DVDs created from the 10 hour class we did.

CMT
06-30-2008, 09:11 AM
I just picked up that Rigging & Animating with IK Booster dvd and am stoked about what I saw.

I'm a novice when it comes to character animation partly because I've concentrated on illustration and partly because I never wanted to bother with making complicated rigs. Not that I couldn't do it, I have a couple times. But it wasn't fun very for me. This looks to be very promising and has really sparked my interest once again in getting into animation.

So thanks, Larry. I'm glad someone took the time to put this all together. I wish I came across it sooner.

Chris

SplineGod
06-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Thanks Chris.
One of the guys I work with rigs and animates and Maya and he said the exact same thing you did. Hes excited about getting back to animating in LW because of IKB. Were currently doing a show for animal planet with a very tight schedule called Untamed, Uncut. We have to do a ton of CA in a very short time. We literally couldnt do this show if we didnt have IKB. :)

kurv
06-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Wow I took a day off from the computer and look at all these posts!

I am so excited that you guys liked the demo... we will schedule another one next weekend but we are going to demo IK Booster again and LightWave's Adaptive Pixel Subdivision (APS).

We will get you information on this ASAP!

Thanks Guys!!!

The Dommo
06-30-2008, 11:14 AM
it feels like, all fluffy, 'n' stuff ... *sniff*

Gui Lo
07-01-2008, 09:00 PM
I just want to add my thanks to the session. Very helpful.
It was the first time I took part in anything on the internet. My question was answered surprisingly quickly and I really felt part of the class.

I hope to join more.

Cheers
Valan

SplineGod
07-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Im glad you were able to attend and that you found it informative. :)

evenflcw
07-14-2008, 04:55 AM
I only watched the download version. Still, I must say I was surprised with how well the webinar format seems to work. I felt like I was participating live even watching the recording :). Contentwise I have a hard time commenting, I'm sortof biased, but it was inspiring either way and the demoed rigs seemed to be appropriate for the task, good variation. Only thing one lacked was actual animation being produced*. But it was only a demo to wet our appetites. It did make a good case as to IKBs ability to allow for quick rigging and animation. I also thought there was alot of good questions posted by the attendees! When answered well that could bring in some added advanced topics not otherwise covered by the lecture itself.

In the real seminar, how much covers IKB features and setting (ie "rigging") and how much covers actually animating with IKB?

Thanks!

*The playback of the bull animation didn't come out too well because of the low framerate. Was the framerate higher on the live stream?

SplineGod
07-14-2008, 08:58 AM
I really like that format too. Much nicer to be able to handle questions etc right then and there. The 10 hr class got into animation quite a bit more since theres not a lot to cover on rigging per se. :)

Chris S. (Fez)
07-14-2008, 09:39 AM
Larry, are you coming out with a condensed IKBooster DVD or is the 9 hour dvd my only option for the foreseeable future? Does this DVD explain explicitly why you are using IKBooster in production as opposed to the traditional rigging tools?

Thanks.

SplineGod
07-14-2008, 10:00 AM
For the time being yes but we will be doing other online classes as well and those are always recorded and made available. I do explain why we use it as opposed to the older standard methods. :)

Matt
07-14-2008, 10:05 AM
.ARF ??????????????

What's wrong with Quicktime?

The Dommo
07-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Quicktime is nasty nasty... The player itself is very inefficient (on Windows anyway, for many Apple-based reasons), and most of the QT codecs are the lowest quality of a given 'genre' of codec.

WMV is the way forward. :D

Matt
07-14-2008, 04:44 PM
I realised after I downloaded the software player that it's in that format because the sessions are live, and that's saved out at the end or something, I originally thought it was a video recording of Larry "on stage".

Makes sense now!

:D

cresshead
07-14-2008, 05:25 PM
excellent video larry...i missed the live session but just downloaded the vid and player
ikb REALLY needs to be promoted more by newtek..do they KNOW what they have with this...?

looks pretty cool to me.

geothefaust
07-14-2008, 05:32 PM
I agree, Cress. I recently bought Larry's IKBooster (the live 10 hour class) DVD, and I'm coming to grips with IKB pretty well now. It actually seems like almost anyone can rig/animate in LW if they used IKB, and, it's pretty darn snazzy.

I'm really surprised NT hasn't promoted IKB more.

SplineGod
07-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Matt,
If I was on stage there would be a lot more dancing and singing :)

Cresshead,
Which video did you download? As far as Newtek knowing what they have in IKB...
Comments from Newtek people have included things like "IKB was created only to add dynamics to bones"
or
"The person who wrote IKB obviously didnt know what he was doing"

I know better on both counts. Ive emailed Ino back and forth and few times which was very helpful to me to get some of the finer points. :)

Geothefaust,
I know what you mean...its hard for me to go back and rig/animate the old way. Everyone I know thats seen IKB demoed properly has been floored by it. You would think that Newtek wouldnt mind selling a few more copies of LW.

SP00
07-14-2008, 07:45 PM
You think there is a possibility that Ino will be brought back to work on IKboost and dynamics? It seems the management team has changed since he was removed from development.

SplineGod
07-14-2008, 08:04 PM
No, its the same management team. I would love to see Ino come back. His upgraded particle system is being sold on D-Storms site.

kurv
07-14-2008, 08:13 PM
.ARF ??????????????

What's wrong with Quicktime?

ARF is the root webinar formate, we take these and edit them and produce a QT as a final compressed video.

Sorry I see you found that now :)

Yes bring Ino back....

Surrealist.
07-14-2008, 08:54 PM
By the way here is a link the the player download (http://www.webex.com/downloadplayer.html).

Going to install it and watch. Looking forward to the session! :)

Surrealist.
07-14-2008, 09:10 PM
OK, guess I missed something. What is the .arf? and where is the player for it? I thought it was the WebEx Player. It is looking for another format.

cresshead
07-15-2008, 01:14 AM
Cresshead,
Which video did you download? As far as Newtek knowing what they have in IKB...
Comments from Newtek people have included things like "IKB was created only to add dynamics to bones"
or
"The person who wrote IKB obviously didnt know what he was doing"

I know better on both counts. Ive emailed Ino back and forth and few times which was very helpful to me to get some of the finer points. :)

was the 50min quicktime pres linked to over on spinquad..with the shark, the bull and the surfer dude..

wish you had more time to show off the bull scene ..it looked cool form what i saw.

SplineGod
07-15-2008, 01:21 AM
I think youll find the demo from this weekend even more interesting with the Lion :)

animotion
07-15-2008, 01:46 AM
Where is the free ikb demo located?

Surrealist.
07-15-2008, 02:08 AM
Well, I had to do a little digging. But I found it. For anyone else interested. Here is the ARF player download page (http://www.intercall.com/services/web-conferencing/meeting-center-resources_recplay.php).

Also here is a link to the session download page at kurv (https://kurvstudios.webex.com/mw0305l/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=kurvstudios). (The link is referenced earlier in the thread)

geothefaust
07-15-2008, 04:19 AM
Hey Larry, great demonstration! As always, you explain everything perfectly. Thanks again. :)

I am curious though... With as awesome as IKB is, there is one thing I can't seem to find (if it exists), is it possible to hotkey functions of IKB? For instance, can you hover over a node, press your hotkey to toggle on/off ikstop or to toggle between fixing a node, etc.?

Is that possible? If not, I should fog it as a feature request.

UnCommonGrafx
07-15-2008, 05:07 AM
The better question is: is it scriptable from the sdk at all levels?
That's the feature request.

tyrot
07-15-2008, 05:17 AM
Dear Larry

did you also explained that mocap with IKB in this DVD?

best

SplineGod
07-15-2008, 08:20 AM
Geothefaust,
That would be nice

Uncommon,
That would also be nice. :)

Tyrot,
There wasnt time in the 10 hour class we did to cover
everything I would have liked to including some other
aspects of IKB. As simple as it is theres a lot of horsepower
under the hood. We are going to be doing a class that covers
mocap specifically. :)

evenflcw
07-15-2008, 09:03 AM
The better question is: is it scriptable from the sdk at all levels?
That's the feature request.

Not on any level. I posted my comments on IKB development here: Why I love IKB and why NT needs to keep developing it (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?p=722226#post722226)

geothefaust
07-15-2008, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the link. Paul Brunson over in that thread, put up some bullet points on features. I think it's a great start. People need to know about IKB, I feel like I've been living in the dark, now that I've used IKB a little bit. I see how powerful it is.

I just wonder why NT hasn't made much noise about?

Dodgy
07-15-2008, 05:28 PM
Something to bear in mind, Blender has a IK pose system built in (I found the other day) though I haven't tested it much so I don't know it's limitations, as does Anime Studio. AS for those that haven't tried it feels quite a lot like a 2d version of lightwave, with weightmapless bones, limits, lots of equivalent features. It's version of IKB is very much like IKB, except you don't have to bake a bakezone to have a foot stay still. Just Pin the foot and voila. This is something I'd like to see implemented just to save cluttering of keyframes. I know baking isn't too much of a problem, but my personal preference would just be to be able to set the bake zone and forget about it.

Anyway, my point is, other programs have implemented similar systems so it must be a useful feature to have (well I think it's awesome, but there you go!). I wrote up a reference 'manual' on IKB in the http://www.lightwiki.com/IKBoost for those interested in what each little feature does.

cresshead
07-15-2008, 05:33 PM
i think larry pinned the foot to be rock solid with 2 ik stops one on the ankle and one on the foot...then is was 'solid'...see the surfer part of the free video

if i'm understanding you correctly...tis late!

SplineGod
07-15-2008, 06:01 PM
I find that I rarely have to actually lock things down absolutely.
Thats for several reasons. Once youre down to animating on 3s or 4s there usually is no need to. I also find that due to camera positioning and so forth that most of the time the camer is moving or pointing to parts of the character more interesting then the feet. When I do have to absolutely pin things its easy and IKB makes redoing or changing lots of keyframes very easy.
I also tend to not lock things until I finalize things as well. If I need to unfinalize some areas and redo for various reasons, again its very easy to do so.
Thanks Mike for that info :)

Dodgy
07-15-2008, 06:14 PM
Yes, if you have an item and its child both with Fix on, that will pin the item's rotation as well as its position. Set bakespots for both and the item will remain locked over the bakespot when baked.

inquisitive
07-15-2008, 09:40 PM
all i know its im soooo glad IKB is already part of Lightwave and considering I have two seats (one with the VT5) I can't wait to start using it.

Attended the free demo and I can see how its going to help with what I need to do. Hopefully Newtek can provide an update, a revision or something better to replace it.

Surrealist.
07-16-2008, 01:13 AM
I too had had the idea that IK Boost was an addition not a replacement to the LW system. In fact it even says so in the manual.

IK Booster is not a replacement for the original Inverse Kinematics system, but, as the name implies, is a tool to enhance the IK system. The IK Boost Tool is located in the Modify>Tools section and provides advanced controls for an IK/FK chain directly in the Layout window, freeing you from the need to open additional panels. The chain is usually a set of connected Bones, but can also be other Objects that are parented together. Benefits of IK Booster include a speed-up of the IK system, advanced menus for editing IK chains, and allowing the user to define portions of a given rig as IK-driven and others as FK-driven on the fly during the course of an animation.

But that could be interpreted that it uses the original IK system underneath, though I suppose that would be a given.

In any case, Larry I have watched you sling it out over the last year or so online, trying to promote IK boost, against all odds at times... and I knew you were on to something but I was not sure of the extent of it, but after seeing the video, it is finally sinking in. Wow!

Looking forward to the next one.

animotion
07-16-2008, 02:37 AM
Its too bad that the pinning is flawed. It looks nicely pinned while animating it but hit the play button and it is definitely not 100% locked.:thumbsdow

Surrealist.
07-16-2008, 02:55 AM
That's where you have to bake it if I remember correctly. It is a little tricky and I have not done it in a while, but it is possible.

Surrealist.
07-16-2008, 03:08 AM
Sorry. As I said it has been a while. What you do is LMB drag across the keyframes in question that would be the two keyframes between which the loop occurs and then right click on the dope track and choose bind motion. That effectively bakes it I think.

Dodgy
07-16-2008, 04:03 AM
Select the item you want to fix.
Right-click-drag along the dope track/IKB bar the time you want the item to be fixed.
Select 'Set Bakespot'. Click OK on the requester (or adjust the time values then OK)
This leaves a line with two triangles at the ends on the Dopetrack, which is your bakespot.
Then there are a number of ways of baking the spot. You can select the fixed item and right click in the bakespot and select Bake Keys.
If there are already keys you can right click the spot and go Re-bake-all.
Or you can use the IKB menu>Command> Re-Bakespot-all to bake all bakespots at once.
For an item's rotation to be locked, you'll need to set a bakespot for its child too.

You can undo most operations performed undo IKBoost (it has its own undo queue) so it's best to bake to see it works, then undo and leave a final bake until last. You can modify baked scenes, but it's not as nice as just having the bakespots. That's one of the reasons I prefer the Anime Studio workflow.

Surrealist.
07-16-2008, 04:06 AM
So how is this different than bind motion? Because that seems to bake it too. Or am I not getting how that works or what it is for.

evenflcw
07-16-2008, 06:30 AM
i think larry pinned the foot to be rock solid with 2 ik stops one on the ankle and one on the foot...then is was 'solid'...see the surfer part of the free video

If you are talking about the video from 20080628 you are wrong. Larry never baked/binded the feet. So what you're talking about was posing only. When Larry scrubs the frame, the feet slip alot. But one can also get a pined node to slip when posing if you just tug on it hard enough. :)

And it will never be rock solid because it is keyframe based only and it can't key every subframe. As Larry mentioned is might not always matter. But I suspect though that it will be more apparent the more the rest of the rig move.

There is also the issue if pinning more than one section. Basically I think it can only pin one section of a rig at a time. I have not been able to successfully pin for example both feet staying firmly on the ground while the cog moves down.

Dodgy
07-16-2008, 06:50 AM
IK boost can pin more than 1 part at a time using Bake zones.

evenflcw
07-16-2008, 06:59 AM
Show me please! Because I tried it with setting up bake zones, rebinding and rebaking all, and one foot always slipped alittle.

EDIT: Bake spots = Bake zones, right?

evenflcw
07-16-2008, 07:09 AM
Tried it again. This time 3 legs. :)

Sure it tries to bake with all feet pinned, but only one ever stays still enough, the rest jitter/slip around abit too much (despite having enough leeway to stay firmly planted).

Surrealist.
07-16-2008, 08:31 AM
Can you upload the scene?

animotion
07-16-2008, 09:02 AM
This is what I was talking about.
Also if you bake a range and then animate further down the time line, the baked portion gets hosed.

SplineGod
07-16-2008, 09:36 AM
Thats not been my experience with the bake spots. They work when needed just fine. Most of the time I dont bother because by the time Im animating on 3s or 4s things are pretty well staying in place. I also dont bother absolutely locking anything unless the camera sees it.

Dodgy
07-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Hmmm, having tried it on a four legged character I just made up, IKB Menu>Command>Re-bake-all seems buggy. You can go though and bake each leg individually, and that works, but for some reason re-bake-all doesn't get it right. Obviously that's not what you want, as it would be a nightmare baking each leg throughout the animation.
I have had it work before (because I wouldn't have said it if I hadn't), but in this case it seems to be broken. I know this kind of a system can work, because Anime Studio has a similar system, and it works, no matter how many items you pin. So it's a bug in this implementation, The theory is sound.
If I fog it though, I would guess that IKB has to be shown to be worth fixing.

I also have to say that AS doesn't require baking for it to work, you just set a key on Bone Lock, and that bone is then fixed in place from then on, which is what I would like to see implemented, but again it's down to NT to see it's worth fixing. I imagine it's complex code so it has to be worth time invested in it.

SplineGod
07-17-2008, 12:11 AM
Ive animated 4 legged creatures with IKB with no problems to speak of so far. :)

geo_n
07-23-2008, 06:14 AM
Well, I had to do a little digging. But I found it. For anyone else interested. Here is the ARF player download page (http://www.intercall.com/services/web-conferencing/meeting-center-resources_recplay.php).

Also here is a link to the session download page at kurv (https://kurvstudios.webex.com/mw0305l/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=kurvstudios). (The link is referenced earlier in the thread)

I only see two downloadable video and its not free. Is it still available?

SP00
07-23-2008, 08:19 AM
I don't understand why Kurv Studio is taking so long to post the latest video. I'm about to lose interest :)

geo_n
07-23-2008, 08:23 AM
I don't understand why Kurv Studio is taking so long to post the latest video. I'm about to lose interest :)

Where is the not so later video? All the animousity about ikb has got me curious. I might even buy the video after that. :D

littlewaves
07-23-2008, 08:41 AM

Yeah I was wondering about that. They've been saying any day for over a week.

Not that we can really complain. It is after all free. I think they said they were editing it a bit which probably makes sense.

kurv
07-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Hey guys, sorry, we are rendering the video out today and will have it up online for you ASAP...

cresshead
07-23-2008, 11:04 AM
'good things come to those who wait'

looking forward to this quite abit

colkai
07-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Hey guys, sorry, we are rendering the video out today and will have it up online for you ASAP...

I feel your pain. ;)

JamesCurtis
07-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Speaking of the tutorials. I attended the one for the Production Tips and Tricks [for 10 bucks] and don't see a link or other info to download it yet either! Any news on this one Kurv?!!

littlewaves
07-27-2008, 05:36 AM

safe to assume this is no longer happening?

cresshead
07-27-2008, 08:18 AM
i'd imagine that kurv is ultra busy..he'll get to it..it's on the to do list

SplineGod
07-27-2008, 03:27 PM
He is busy. Other videos are in the que being converted. It takes time. :)

kurv
07-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Videos are done, I will post links here tonight... sorry had a LOT going on guys.... like this...

Another free class this Sunday, August 3rd with no registration limits..

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?p=729042#post729042

Video links coming, just a few minutes...

Surrealist.
07-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Looking forward to it. Thanks :thumbsup:

kurv
07-30-2008, 11:35 PM
Okay videos are uploaded and ready for your viewing...

http://www.kurvstudios.com/free_tutorials

Register and click on LightWave and look for the IK Booster videos.

evenflcw
08-04-2008, 06:15 AM
Cool. Just watched them. The path editing was kinda cool. Thanks for showing what can be done.

BTW, watching the recorded live session was much more fun since you could see the different messaging windows, but I realize *.mov is a much more shareable format. As such it is better. However I think one should make it clear that the recordings are from a webinars even though that becomes clear once Larry starts answering questions. It would also be good if it was clear what videos go together (first 3 is late june webinar session, the rest is july webinar session; of interest to anyone that wanted to dl only one or the other). This could be done by simply reformatting the filenames (leave the numbering in there since people already downloaded them). Sorry, if I'm being overly nitpicky on such seemingly unimportant details. I think it's my academic streak, wanting a proper title for referencing/quoting in further discussions.

:)

Julez4001
08-22-2008, 05:29 AM
Did you guys put the 2nd series of IKBoost online as well?

kurv
08-23-2008, 12:05 AM
Yes, I edited them as one video... there are 11 parts, or two hours free.

rakker16mm
08-23-2008, 02:23 AM
Yes, I edited them as one video... there are 11 parts, or two hours free.

Wes,

Can you add a link to the IK Booster demo? I looked on the Kurv website but I don't see it.

Thank you,

J

JBT27
08-23-2008, 03:05 AM
Once you sign in and click on the LW link, all 11 videos are there, as zip files.

At least they were a minute ago when I checked.

The link is above, post 83.

Julian.

cresshead
08-23-2008, 03:08 PM
just watched most of the vids...ik booster does indeed look rather nifty

so big thankyou to WES over at kurvstudio and of course Larry splinegod for creating and hosting these free training videos.

rakker16mm
08-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Once you sign in and click on the LW link, all 11 videos are there, as zip files.

At least they were a minute ago when I checked.

The link is above, post 83.

Julian.

Thanks Julian,

For some reason I got lost there. I got it now.

SplineGod
08-24-2008, 12:28 AM
Thanks Steve, much appreciated. :)
I have to say that the more I use and delve into IKB its becoming increasingly difficult to want to mess at all with the old style rigging.

kurv
08-24-2008, 07:09 PM
We recently uploaded the videos to a new site were helping to get online content, VFXCast.

So you can now get all of our free content, all 142 videos worth, almost 30 hours worth online their.

www.vfxcast.com

They are still in the setup phases and were still uploading our videos... let me know what you think.

Do a search for IK Booster and you will find all 11 videos.