PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 Upgrade Questions

dvejendla
06-25-2008, 03:17 PM
Hi Everyone,

Our church has the original Tricaster and I have some questions regarding the 2.0 upgrade. Doe anyone know if it is possible to assign the DDR (with alpha channel) to Overlay? I know this is possible with Tricaster Pro, Studio and Broadcast. I have my own overlays which I created from Jumpacks, and was hoping I could use these with the 2.0 update.

Also, does the new edit text feature support animated lower third creation?

Lastly, I noticed that the ext source is available on the overlay. We are using EasyWorship as our ivga source. Is it possible to bring in text from EasyWorship as a lower third?

Thanks,

Deepak

Paul Lara
06-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Hi, Deepak!
In answer to your questions:

- TriCaster can assign EXTernal (such as EasyWorship), picture player or Title Template to Overlay, but not the DDR.
- The new Edit Text feature supports still pages, scrolls and crawls, but not motion lower thirds.

Paul

dvejendla
06-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Paul,

Thanks for the reply. So in order to have motion lower thirds (or the DDR assignable to the Overlay) we would have to upgrade to Tricaster Pro, right?

In regards to EasyWorship, how can I bring in this source as a lower third as opposed to a full screen overlay? Would I have to cut an paste the text to a title template?

Also, in the new edit text feature, can the scrolls and crawls be lower thirds?

Paul Lara
06-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Yes, TriCaster PRO, STUDIO and BROADCAST can all assign a DDR clip with alpha to Overlay bus.

You could key EasyWorship lyrics over a solid color background, I guess.

Yes, in Edit Text, the CG will let you set up crawls anywhere on screen, but a scroll would run the length of the screen.

dvejendla
06-26-2008, 07:26 PM
Thank you very much Paul. Your answers are very helpful :)

Does anyone have experience with bringing in text from EasyWorship or other worship software as a lower third?

lakesidechurch
08-29-2008, 09:50 AM
We have been doing lower thirds with iVGA for a year now on a TriCaster 1.0, but we have been doing it through the network VGA overlay option.
We want to move to the TCS2.0 and bring this in as an overlay through the new EXT channel, but I just need confirmation that I can key out the green from my slides when using iVGA through the EXT.

For those that are wondering why we will upgrade for such a silly thing. You'll notice that the TCS1.0 will not record iVGA network overlays and will not send them to the comp or sVideo ports as the overlay is written directly onto the TCS VGA cards memory. Using the overlay resolves this issue.

Thanks
Peter Awad
Lakeside Church

Does anyone have experience with bringing in text from EasyWorship or other worship software as a lower third?

Gilsonleandro
03-10-2009, 10:41 AM
I own a tricaster broadcast and I'd like to know how do I see with version of the software am I using?
I have downloaded tricaster broadcast 2.0 but I'm not shure if I don't have it installed already. tks

billmi
03-10-2009, 11:00 AM

Not as a lower third, but as an upper half, keying lyrics over the heads of singers. Same thing, just different location for the text. We do this in first version Tricaster at my church, using the Luma keyer.

It's a little different with the newer models, you can do the key with LiveMatte. Here's how to do that in VT[5]. The Interface will be a little different in a Tricaster, but the overall structure is the same.

http://corin.com/vt_tutorials/lyrics_key/index.shtml

dvejendla
04-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Not as a lower third, but as an upper half, keying lyrics over the heads of singers. Same thing, just different location for the text. We do this in first version Tricaster at my church, using the Luma keyer.

It's a little different with the newer models, you can do the key with LiveMatte. Here's how to do that in VT[5]. The Interface will be a little different in a Tricaster, but the overall structure is the same.

http://corin.com/vt_tutorials/lyrics_key/index.shtml

Thanks for the info and link :) For some reason the link does not work though.

dvejendla
04-07-2009, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the info and link :) For some reason the link does not work though.

It's working now. Thanks again.

billmi
04-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Yep, we had a DNS issue with our hosting service yesterday. It was resolved fairly quickly.

Something worth noting - if you are using projector out for IMAG.

Bringing the iVGA source into the Tricaster switcher (as in the tutorial I linked) will cause the iVGA source to get scaled down to standard definition video resolution - so fine details can end up slightly blurred. That is why NewTek built in the VGA overlay capability - to allow the iVGA to be passed through at its full resolution to the projector output.

Since that output to the projector is at a VGA resolution, you can't record it as standard definition video. So, you get to chose one or the other. Tricaster lets you keep the iVGA at its full res for live projector output, or scale it down for live projector output and or simultaneous recording to video. It's not a Tricaster bug or limitation, so much as the nature of the resolutions used for video recording and video projection.

MMI
04-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Here is an easy work around for the iVGA resolution issue that I have been using for the past couple of years. When outputting to a projector (VGA) and recording, use the hot key "esc" (for a cut) or "shift/esc" (for a dissolve) to key your iVGA source for hi-res projection. Once your iVGA image in on screen, then cut to your iVGA source on the program buss to send it to record and/or streaming. Reverse the process to return to live IMAG- cut to your live source on the program buss (for record) followed by a hot key "esc" to remove the iVGA key from your projector output. Takes less than a second in real time.

About a year ago I had sent a request to Paul lara inquiring as to the possibility of a toggle switch on the interface that, once selected, would automate the process for live event work. When you used the hot key command to key an iVGA source for projection, the switcher would follow automatically for record or streaming.

Any follow up on this Paul?

Quiet1onTheSet
04-08-2009, 08:50 PM
About a year ago I had sent a request to Paul lara inquiring as to the possibility of a toggle switch on the interface that, once selected, would automate the process for live event work. When you used the hot key command to key an iVGA source for projection, the switcher would follow automatically for record or streaming.

Any follow up on this Paul?Hey, MMI -- that's really good of you to post that here. Neat trick I wasn't aware of.

Relative to your request to Paul Lara, please thoroughly outline your "Toggle Switch on TriCaster's Interface" idea in the FEATURE REQUEST forum, if you haven't done so already. Paul's admirable influence notwithstanding, your idea is deserving of a closer look by additional, pertinent parties at NewTek, I think.
;)