PDA

View Full Version : Liveset reflection problem

WhiteMonkey
06-25-2008, 02:33 AM
Does anyone know what is causing the glitch on the attached liveset image, it looks the a border on the edge of the keyed input,

Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

SBowie
06-25-2008, 06:44 AM
I must be looking in the wrong area, but I don't see an edge in this image. Regardless, if tht is what you are seeing, you might be able to tweak the garbage matte in LiveMatte to get rid of it.

joseburgos
06-25-2008, 08:49 PM
Yeah the actor is not framed right.
If he was, his reflection would start where his feet are at the floor and not far away as they are in this image.
Move the camera up till the actors feet at on the floor.
Then once this is done, use the garbage matte as Steve suggest to clean up all edges.

Take care,

SBowie
06-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Move the camera up till the actors feet at on the floor.Yeah, I noticed that too. Apart from that, there seems to be a curious discontinuity in the floor reflections. Some reflected items appear to be quite a bit more blurred than others, which comes across as a bit unreal. (Interesting concept though! Nice and bright, futuristic and airy feel to it.)

WhiteMonkey
06-25-2008, 11:09 PM
Thanks for taking a look the image from the first post was made with Aura, and just has a small line on the bottom of the Input reflection box ( if you see what I mean. Tried the garbage matte - just ignores it

Have another example made with the Lightwave Liveset plugin which puts a border all aroun the "Input" plane and disregards the reflection blurring on the rest of the scene.

I am probably doing something stupid, but have tried it lots of different way and can't solve the problem.

Didn't have this problem before

Run out of ideas now

Icould maybe upload the Lightwave scene if anyone is interested in giving it a try - see if the results are the same

SBowie
06-26-2008, 02:59 PM
... the image from the first post was made with Aura, and just has a small line on the bottom of the Input reflection box ( if you see what I mean. Tried the garbage matte - just ignores it.Not sure why the garbage matte fails, but you should be able to able to simply crop the edge of the Input proxy in Aura when generating the set and resolve this one (I'm assuming you're referring to the faint dashed line I circled in red in the first image below.

...another example made with the Lightwave Liveset plugin which puts a border all around the "Input" plane and disregards the reflection blurring on the rest of the scene.No idea on the reflection blurring. It's such a 'busy' scene it's hard to know what your expectation was. I circled a spot in green that looks a bit suspect to me, more blur in one part than the next. This is more of a 'Josť question'. :)

That said, I think the amount of blur is too strong for a highly reflective surface anyway.

On the 'lines' issue - I'm not absolutely positive just what you mean there either. I see a faint border around the 'virtual monitor' at left, circled in red ... also possibly some edges on the main input plane, circled in turquoise. These may both be just artifacts of black edge pixels in the video source frame that is not keying perfectly - expanding the scale of the LS surface texture a smidgen might help.

joseburgos
06-27-2008, 08:32 AM
I do not get this error when setting the environment tabs reflection blur to a level higher than zero (used 30% to test).
So my best guess, seeing you have a border on all your liveset textured geometry, is the texture is not sized right and you may have the keyhole matte button checked off (see image attached).
So make sure you select automatic sizing on your input video plane for color texture and transparency texture.
This insures you have the input texture mapped correctly or full to the geometry.
Forgive me if that sounds basic but want to make sure I cover all the bases.
Next, make sure you have the keyhole matte button unchecked in the master plug-in.
When this is checked off, it prevents proper reflections and just passes the video feed to full screen.

The keyhole matte button is only for full screen of only your input video and a background and used mainly for close up shots.
This is assuming you have the actor in your example image scaled via the video camera and not the LiveSet.
In other words you have your camera zoomed out and the actor framed to the right to fit into the LiveSet input.

Other than that, I would need to see the LW scene files.

Good luck,