PDA

View Full Version : Walk In Slide

meatycheesyboy
06-21-2008, 04:38 PM
A large portion of my work is doing corporate powerpoint presentations. In these presentations, I rarely get to use 3d elements so when I do it's a real treat. Attached is a walk in slide (A slide that is one the screen as people are seating themselves at an event, waiting for the speaker, etc.) that I just finished where I got to use LW.

The first pic is the finished walk i and the second is the raw LW render.

Tzan
06-22-2008, 12:29 PM
Overall it looks fine for its purpose.

Not sure who designed the copy on that circle, but I never would have put the top quality upside down.

1. Make the top read normal, leave the bottom alone

2. Make the top read normal and flip the bottom upside down.

3. Make the top read normal and use a different word on the bottom.
- 100%
- Always
- A monopoly you can trust
- In monopoly we trust :)

meatycheesyboy
06-22-2008, 03:38 PM
People's opinions on the upside down text has pretty much been split in half. Some people like the upside down text because it is what a coin looks like while other think the upside down text looks odd. The client chose the upside down. If I choose to use this as a portolio piece, I'll probably change the top text and flip it.

Tzan
06-22-2008, 06:22 PM
You should have your client pull a coin out and really look at it. Penny, nickle, dime, quarter, they all work the same.

Any text at the top and bottom is facing normal.
If the text is very long it could read up the left, across the top, then down the right.

meatycheesyboy
06-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Ha ha ha, well, look at that, you're absolutely right.

Either way, client's wishes are client's wishes and the end product has already been delivered and has begun being distributed, not much I can do about that.

I am rendering out a new version for myself though, I'll post it up as soon as it's done. It has all the text facing the same way and the top now says 100% and the bottom says quality while the middle remains the same.

meatycheesyboy
06-22-2008, 08:10 PM
ok, now it's actually finished.

Thanks to all who looked or will in future. And thanks to Tzan, whose comments made for a better finished product in my opinion.

Tzan
06-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Either way, client's wishes are client's wishes

Yup, I know how that works :)

You're welcome.

meatycheesyboy
08-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Nothing too exciting but I got to use LW on another corporate template! This time for Cisco.

The photo was the client's choice not mine. I'll probably switch it out in the next few days and post a new version to my CG Society portfolio.