PDA

View Full Version : Dongle not found

garynb
06-21-2008, 01:40 AM
Hi All

I am using a Mac Pro and decided to boot camp over to windows XP but the registration utlity says dongle not found and lightwave runs in discovery mode. I have the old purple eve dongle does this work on PC?

I have downloaded and installed the latest sentinal drivers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Gary

hdace
06-21-2008, 01:47 AM
I personally have not seen that happen. Did you load the Apple drivers?

garynb
06-21-2008, 01:59 AM
The original drivers when you install bootcamp?

I remember installing Apple drivers when I installed bootcamp but I thought that was for bootcamp to recognise Apple devices and commands.

I've had this dongle for years maybe it doesn't work for PC?

Gary

Bytehawk
06-21-2008, 06:26 AM
for the pc you'll need to install the dongle drivers in XP
you will need te register your dongle for the pc as well since you'll need a new serial.

garynb
06-21-2008, 10:29 PM
hi Bytehawk

I have installed the sentinel drivers under xp but I still get no dongle found from the registration utility and a temp number 7882-573B-D575.

I installed the latest drivers from there website should it be the older versions from the lightwave download page?

Cheers

Gary

Bytehawk
06-22-2008, 02:58 AM
no the newest version is best.

does your pc recognise any other usb devices ?

BeeVee
06-23-2008, 08:16 AM
If it's an Eve3 dongle it's for Mac only. You will need to contact NewTek or NewTek Europe (or DStorm or New Magic - see why putting your location is useful? ;)) and get a dongle upgrade.

B

garynb
06-27-2008, 09:11 PM
Thx BeeVee

Thought that might be the case had this dongle from v5.6, I'm based in Sydney Australia so I will contact New Magic.

The only problem is finding downtime to send the dongle off to be changed, is it possible to receive a new dongle then send the old one in a return envelope? Not sure if that is company policy but I have a long history with Lightwave and would appreciate the help in this situation.

Cheers
Gary

BeeVee
06-30-2008, 06:24 AM
Telephone in that case and speak directly to the guys at New Magic - nothing like a personal touch to get things rolling.

B