PDA

View Full Version : Layout says "can't find object file"

royL
06-19-2008, 05:04 PM
I've downloaded the tryout and I get a error message in Layout when trying to load the objects I've made in Modeler, the message says "can't find object file"

That happened with the 9.3 UB Tryout, then, I've reinstalled my os and downloaded the new 9.3.1 ub tryout and it still says "can't find object file"

I need to be sure that I won't have this problem before I buy my upgrade.

Anyone has any idea why this happens?

faulknermano
06-19-2008, 09:09 PM
well, how are you loading the objects into layout? dont you have to select it first using a dialog?

Wrap
06-20-2008, 05:20 AM
Surely you have to browse for the object you are loading so there should be no reason for it not to find it.

Try loading the object in Modeler and then click the small down arrow in the top right corner and select send to layout, see if that works.

faulknermano
06-20-2008, 06:31 AM
or another thought: make sure you have your content directory correctly set.

royL
06-24-2008, 07:42 AM
Here's an example

faulknermano
06-24-2008, 07:50 AM
i guess that's why you say 'trying to make sense.' :D

that's bizarre. it's possible that it has something to do with the discovery edition of LW. i'm not sure. try modelling a super-simple model like a cube and see if that loads up. if you have another sample object that fails to load for you, you can try attaching a sample for us to test it.. it may be the actual object that's the problem.

if nothing still works, then it could be an OS problem... but i'm not a mac user so i wouldnt know for sure.

rombust2
06-24-2008, 07:53 AM
I have the same problem if the file path name contains spaces.

For example "C:\Program Files (x86)\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9\Content"

If i copy "Content" to "C:\Content" it works.