View Full Version : Room with radiosity---crits welcome

Tim Parsons
07-25-2003, 03:09 PM
Modeled some furniture in a room.

hrgiger
07-25-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Tim Parsons
Modeled some furniture in a room.

I really like the feel of the picture. The lighting and the angle really add a lot to it. I'll have to look at it again when I get home when I'm not on such a crappy monitor like here at work.

drclare
07-25-2003, 08:50 PM
This is excellent! I love the lighting, very warm. I agree with the camera angle, and the modelling is very well done.

cathuria
07-26-2003, 07:40 AM
Great furniture & excellent lighting -- my only crit would be that the cabinet glass looks a little off (unless they just desperately need to be dusted). Add some reflectivity and a hint of turbulent bump so the reflections aren't perfect.
Great scene, over all.

riki
07-26-2003, 08:24 AM
The camera angle is a bit strange.

Wade
07-27-2003, 01:23 PM
Very well done! Reason for the tilt in the camera? This stands on it's own and does not need the distraction of the tilt.

Agian good stuff.

Tim Parsons
07-28-2003, 12:18 PM
Just got back in the office after a short but very busy weekend. Is it just me, cause it seems that the only place where I get any rest is at work! My wife and her honey do lists! Anyway, thanks for the critiques. You see so many great posts here and you always kind of wonder if your own work is any good or not, so it was nice to throw something up on the board and get the good constructive responses. Here's another with a different take on the furniture.

richpr
07-29-2003, 01:51 AM
Very nice!

sanuZ
07-29-2003, 06:19 AM
Very good!I like the way the light cast itself onto the scene!
good job!

gnu
07-30-2003, 05:04 PM
i liked the dutched angle more. but yea, really nice.

karlito
07-30-2003, 06:17 PM
Tha camera angle suits better the nice peaceful atmosphere the lighting creates. methinks.

A few props and less perfection (alignments of the cabinet doors) should add more life to the scene. methinks, again :)

Tim Parsons
07-31-2003, 07:43 PM
Thanks for all the remarks guys! It's nice to get great crits. I'm off on another project now and I'll be sure to post again.

Thanks

lasco
08-03-2003, 06:22 AM
for a zillion dollars I would'nt like to have such an office butů
damn what a beautiful image !!!!

Did you model the entire house ???

And also : I prefer much the second pic for the camera angle but
there's something else that looks different (and that is better) : this
image looks smoother than the first one you know, the angles seems
less sharp etc. Is it just the chance, the compression of the image
or what ? What did you change between both pics ???

congrats anyway !

arnoldawson
08-03-2003, 07:34 AM
I like it very much indeed, but I can't help feeling that the shadows cast by the shelves would be sharper.

lasco
08-03-2003, 09:39 AM
you're right Arnie,
shadows should be much sharper, except the leaves's ones.
(1rst pic)

richpr
08-03-2003, 09:54 AM
I think the shadows are fine... I doubt they would be very sharp, which would make it look very artificial... And as the light seems of a softer quality... If you look down, right, next to the foreground shelves, you see there is a sharper shadow where the next part of the desk starts... So it looks kind of right to me...

One thing that could be changed with relation to the shadows are it's colors... You might want to have them colored in slightly more, like a nice reddish brown as well... Then these shelves shadow for instance would blend nicely (colorwise).

Just my 2c. Love the image...

lasco
08-03-2003, 10:03 AM
richpr
you pointed on an interesting thing about shadows.

Actually you might be right about softness of shadows,
though we should know if this is an electric (street) light or a sunlight.

Now it's true there's a relation between sharpness and darkness,
you can't dissociate both of them : the shadows there could stay that soft (or nearly) but then should be lighter !

Guess that the radiosity of the scene should be increased.

A.Russell
08-06-2003, 04:40 AM
Is that your workspace? It's very tidy.

j0SH
08-06-2003, 05:18 PM
looking really nice

couple of things in the second submission though...
the book sitting on the desk seems to be too bright...(it may have already been said).
Other thing i noticed is the monitor was too grainy on the left.

other than that it turned out quite well