PDA

View Full Version : Editing with quicktime uncompressed: how?

eon5
07-25-2003, 01:46 PM
In the house some composers works with AAfterEffect in Apple.

They only can render uncompressed video format like quicktime.

I try to use QT in ToasterEdit, but doesnt work... so, i must open the *.mov in AURA and save its like D1-RTV... then... open the rendered files in TEd.

How I can edit quicktime uncompressed video in Ted directly ?

We have 6 Apple using AAEfx... to convert all the files *.mov in AURA is a BIG TROUBLE!

Any help is welcome :)

SBowie
07-25-2003, 05:37 PM
You can't. You can save some time by not pre-loading in Aura, or you can convert on the Macs, using something other than Quicktime (can they do uncompressed AVI?)

tmon
07-26-2003, 07:10 PM
At work, we use a Media 100 and a T[2]. AE5.5PB is a part of our daily workflow. We are networked via gigabit ethernet. Generally, we ouput 720x486 32-Targa sequences from AE. This is pretty much a universal format that can be imported into either NLE (via Aura with the T[2]).

Going the other way, from T[2] to AE or to the M100, I output to uncompressed BGR24 AVI.

cholo
08-06-2003, 05:51 PM
I have done this successfully: If you render a DV quicktime clip from Final Cut Pro, copy the clip to your toaster's video drive and simply rename it to .avi instead of .mov I can play it back in Ted without rendering required. Maybe it works for other quicktime formats as well. :)

SBowie
08-06-2003, 07:20 PM
That's interesting, and quite useful for DV users. Does it work as well when the time comes to reverse the process?

Danner
08-08-2003, 03:01 AM
the reverse process is not necessary, the DV clips made in toaster with the .avi extention load as they are in Final Cut without any problems.

SBowie
08-08-2003, 05:52 AM
Of course, thanks.

bradl
08-11-2003, 03:31 PM
Apple (or someone) needs to create a Quicktime AVI wrapper!

eon5
10-18-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by cholo
I have done this successfully: If you render a DV quicktime clip from Final Cut Pro, copy the clip to your toaster's video drive and simply rename it to .avi instead of .mov I can play it back in Ted without rendering required. Maybe it works for other quicktime formats as well. :)

you said... if i have a *.mov qtime movie, just must rename the extension to .avi, and Toaster edit [VT3] let me play it!?

Danner
10-19-2003, 12:25 AM
think of DV as a codec that can be wrapped as an AVI or a MOV. I dunno if there are other codecs that work with both formats.