PDA

View Full Version : background effects

redlum
06-17-2008, 03:24 PM
is it possible to use lightwave to make an effect like this?

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup.php?id=000004373715

and is it possible to use lightwave to make an effect like this?

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup.php?id=000003584560

Thanks.

karlieman
06-17-2008, 05:32 PM
yes u can for both, but i don't know how to the clouds yet so i will show u the first clip. what u do is make a point light and use volumetric lighting on it then animate the texture with a null (i would use the texture smokey2 it looks the best) and thats all there is to it. here is a final render. 59883

Sarford
06-18-2008, 11:25 AM
The cloud sequence doesn't look 3D at all. Looks more like an images sequence of cloud pictures which get keyed and faded when they get closer to the cam.
Not realy difficult to make yourself but its propably cheaper to buy it.

prometheus
06-21-2008, 05:27 PM
That can most certainly be done using hypervoxels on to 3 or four nulls
and use sprite mode, scale the nulls to proper sizes set a hypertexture effect like turbulence..very low speed, give the different hv nulls some variations on
the hypertexture scale, rotation frequencies etc.etc.

or use volumetric lights, I prefer using hv:s thou.

Michael

prometheus
06-21-2008, 05:30 PM
forgot about the second clip, trickier, could be done with voxels aswell, maybe using cloud clips or paint cloud map and map on to hv clips.

Michael

prometheus
06-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Heres a quick sample scene to check out, just two nulls and hv sprites and a little turbulence texture effect speed.
you can move the nulls a bit further aside to match the look of that video a bit more and perhaps scale the nulls up more or use more nulls to get a more
blueish overall tone.

just play with texture settings and see what id does, and if you download
denis p node volume plugin, you could advance hypertextures a lot more using
nodes and blend stuff together and use noise modulator, a lot to experiment with, you could use ripple effects applied over the standard texture effect etc..etc.

Michael