PDA

View Full Version : Silly question about KURV videos

JAW
06-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Ibought some of the training videos fron KURV studios a while back, and wanted to know if/how i can play the DVD's on my home player? They dont play on any of my 3 players?

-I sent a few e-mails over the last 3 weeks to Kurv with out any replies. Im hoping larry might see my post here. Or some1 who owns any of the videos might be able to let me know if there DVD;s work on there home players?

colkai
06-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Normally the DVD's for tutorials are MOV files or some codec that is not suitable for home DVD players.

I have been known in the past to convert them to pure video DVD's so I can (sad as I am), sit down on the sofa and watch them. You know, just to get away from the computer for a bit. :p

tribbles
06-17-2008, 12:21 PM
As colkai says - they're MOV files, so you need to use them in your computer. I did first of all put them in my standalone DVD player - the only thing it read were the JPGs...

I used two computers - only problem was the one I used had content on it that I needed to follow. Thank God for networked drives!

kurv
06-18-2008, 09:30 AM
Ibought some of the training videos fron KURV studios a while back, and wanted to know if/how i can play the DVD's on my home player? They dont play on any of my 3 players?

-I sent a few e-mails over the last 3 weeks to Kurv with out any replies. Im hoping larry might see my post here. Or some1 who owns any of the videos might be able to let me know if there DVD;s work on there home players?

JAW, sorry we missed your email and no one got back to you. As others have said here, the video are Quicktime files and the DVD/CD should auto start unless your on a Mac.

If you are using a Mac simply load the DVD and browse to the title folder, open the index.html file and click on the video you want to watch.

If you have any trouble let us know, I can be reached at 818-276-1560 x 101. I am out today half a day but will be back later this afternoon 06/18.

Thanks!

AbnRanger
06-18-2008, 09:43 AM
It might be a bit of work, but if you have an NLE like Premiere Pro, Sony Vegas, etc., you can use the DVD authoring tools to burn all the MOV files to DVD with a nice little layout so you can select the tutorials on your DVD player the way you would scenes in a movie.

colkai
06-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Yup, do summat similar myself. :)