PDA

View Full Version : Here we go!

codyburke610
06-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Just reserving a spot for me. I have a few good ideas for this contest, but don't want to give them away right now.

I was reading the rules earlier and it set that it has to be up to 15 seconds long. Does that mean the judges want the animation to stay around the 15 second mark, or they just don't want it to be any shorter than 15 seconds?

Also, I probably won't be able to start for about another two weeks or so. I lost my dongle (I have no idea how) and I'm not sure how long it will take for Newtek to send me another one.
Thanks.
-Cody-

jackman
06-17-2008, 09:53 AM
I was asking the same question. hehe..:D

good luck!

Marvin Miller
06-17-2008, 10:56 AM
It can be up to 15 seconds, meaning anything shorter than that is fine.

karlieman
06-18-2008, 09:20 AM
but does it have to be an animation?:lwicon:

jayroth
06-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Oops, I previously posted stills were OK, but in fact, the contest is meant for animation. We do still encourage the submission of still imagery for brochure usage, etc. but such materials will not be entered into the contest itself.

Mea Culpa.

karlieman
06-18-2008, 01:44 PM
k thanks:D:thumbsup::lwicon:

richdj
06-20-2008, 05:02 AM
Cody, interested to see what your doing with this.. You can still do some modeling without the dongle, just make sure you have less than 400 points in each layer..

Rich

Eugeny
06-20-2008, 06:37 AM
I lost my dongle (I have no idea how) and I'm not sure how long it will take for Newtek to send me another one.
Thanks.
-Cody-

Download the demo (it's full working demo for one month) and start working, the time is running !

StevieB
06-22-2008, 06:19 AM
Hey Cody!

Best of luck man :D. By the way if you need I can vouch that you had a dongle originally.

Steve

Smokie
07-02-2008, 01:49 AM
id shy away from the demo. I installed the trial thing and then bought LW 9.3 and it installed wierd and acts wierd...sometimes it seems to run in trial mode (discovery mode) even though the dongle is in and comp reads it. Ive tried re-installing and cleaning out registry and stuff and it still will do it. I finally had to restore my comp to a earlier time period to fix it :compbeati
Cant you just unlock it by entering your key? or does the dongle have to be present for that? You can still use model in discovery mode. Keep it under 400 per layer and then add the layers together when your dongle arrives. Im sure you can get a nice start on a project in discovery mode.