PDA

View Full Version : Painting Programs

WesM
07-25-2003, 11:07 AM
Hey Guys,

I was wanting to see what some people thought of the 3D painting apps like Zbrush and Deep Paint 3D. I am wanting to improve and simplify painting texture maps. I like the idea of painting right on my 3D models. Deep Paint is not on mac and I think Zbrush is. Are there anymore apps? Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Wes

Triple G
07-25-2003, 11:52 AM
I tried the demo of Maxon's Bodypaint 3D a year or so ago, and thought it was ok. I dunno...the concept seems cool, but I'm so used to the toolset in Photoshop that I don't really see the need to change and learn a whole new set of tools.

paintboy
07-25-2003, 12:28 PM
wes,
deep paint is for intel only.(unless it has changed very recently)
Zbrush is just down right strange(you can download a functional preview version)
se what you think,horrible rigid interfaceIMO
Body paint works ok on its own but the plugin for LW did not work for so long that i quit checking, not to mention 500bucks.
personally i have found photoshop and painter to be just as effective.
good luck in your search.

WesM
07-25-2003, 02:11 PM
Thanks Guys for the info.

Yeah, I think I may just stick with photoshop. I don't have the extra cash for a new paint package anyways.

Thanks,

Wes

DrVideo2
07-29-2003, 04:53 PM
I would hope that Newtek wouid get around to porting Aura Paint to OSX.

How about it Chuck?

luka
07-30-2003, 02:44 AM
Woah! Check it out Maxon just updated Bodypaint to V2

Bodypaint 2 (http://maxon.net/jumps/cinema4d_portal_e.html)

Triple G
07-30-2003, 12:26 PM
Yikes! Is it me, or did Bodypaint just nearly double in price? I thought it used to sell for around $395...it's now $695, $745 with printed manuals. :eek: