PDA

View Full Version : animations

wiccan22
06-14-2008, 11:48 PM
hi, i'm trying to animate my camera to fly over, over some trees and a canyon.And when i render the animation it comes out too fast. how can i slow down the velocity. And that go's for particles as well i have velocity problems please help thank you.

Dodgy
06-15-2008, 02:49 AM
Open the graph editor, select the camera and select the keys. Select the Scale tool, and ctrl-left click and drag at frame 0. The keys can be scaled to be closer together (quicker motion, not what you want) or further apart (slower motion).

Dodgy
06-15-2008, 02:52 AM
For particles, look at the Motion tab of the emitter, and reduce the settings there, or if you're using wind /gravity, decrease their settings.

SplineGod
06-15-2008, 09:44 AM
hi, i'm trying to animate my camera to fly over, over some trees and a canyon.And when i render the animation it comes out too fast. how can i slow down the velocity. And that go's for particles as well i have velocity problems please help thank you.

You need to plan it out better. How long is the whole animation supposed to last? The more time for the camera to move from point A to point B the smoother it will look.

RebelHill
06-15-2008, 10:47 AM
when u render u say....

well, u know, u need to preview ur animation in layouts viewport in realtime, at the same rate as ur render. Due to Open GL display, and how fast or slow it goes (which depends on number of objects, polys, etc, etc) if u just hit the play button ull get playback at whatever speed GL can handle. U can either open the options, and check the play at exact rate switch, (which although realTIME, may often give u a reduced frame rate), or the better option, make a preview from the dropdown by the play controls.

This lets u see the anim playing at proper speed, and allows u to be able to go change things before rendering.