PDA

View Full Version : 9.5 new lights?

Morbius
06-13-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm sure no one is allowed to answer this, but I'm just wondering if this new light system has removed any current lighting features.

One feature I'm concerned with is the ability to change the color of your shadows (light shadow tab).

I would assume that they wouldn't change things this drastically especially to the point of changing the look of current projects, or they would include old and new lights etc.

RudySchneider
06-13-2008, 06:37 PM
You're right, due to the NDA, no one is allowed to say anything about 9.5, yet. On the other hand, I wouldn't worry about things being taken away if I were you.

Bytehawk
06-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Why don't you sign up for the beta and find out ?

you'll get your answers in the beta forum easily.

Morbius
06-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Why don't you sign up for the beta and find out ?

you'll get your answers in the beta forum easily.

Because I haven't upgraded to 9 yet. :P

Bytehawk
06-14-2008, 05:27 AM
then you're really missing out on tons of renderengine updates, nodes, ....
iow, your renders will look better with 9 - that alone is worth the upgrade.

Morbius
06-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Oh, I want to upgrade, just haven't gotten to it yet because I'm stuck with a Mac dongle (just moved back to a windows box a couple months ago), and I was a little hesitent because of the new lights. I've been working on a look that uses some special light settings and old plug-ings and didn't want to loose that in 9.5.

Greenlaw
06-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Hi,

Oh, I want to upgrade, just haven't gotten to it yet because I'm stuck with a Mac dongle

Unless you have an old ADB dongle for the Mac (or an old parallel dongle for Win, which obviously isn't your situation,) your dongle should work with Win or Mac. If your situation is the former, it used to be that you can trade it on for a platform independent USB dongle for a fee. Call or write Customer Service for the most current info on this. Hope this helps.

And, yes, upgrading to 9.x is well worth it. :)

DRG