PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade from 6 Mac to 9 PC?

Morbius
06-13-2008, 02:29 PM
I currently have LW 6 with the purple rainbow dongle for Mac. However, I've since moved (back) to Windows (Vista).

What do I need to do to upgrade? Can I upgrade or do I need to buy a whole new copy? Will that purple rainbow dongle work with Vista?

sntorres
06-13-2008, 03:06 PM
Take a look at your dongle, and see if the word "Duo" is written on it. If it is then you can use it on your PC. At that point all you need to do is make sure you run 9.x on the Vista machine, because previous versions were not designed to run on Vista.

You will need to register your copy of LightWave for the Windows platform.

Morbius
06-13-2008, 04:36 PM
It says Rainbow Eve3.

Morbius
06-14-2008, 02:02 PM
I used to have a parallel dongle for PC way back with LW 4.0. Then I wanted to switch OS to Mac and I had to ship my dongle in with my order and that's when I got the USB Mac dongle that I have now.

I'm guessing this procedure can be done again back to PC (Duo?) for the regular upgrade price?

BeeVee
06-16-2008, 06:28 AM
Yes, if you order the upgrade and ask for a dongle swap you will get it included. You will receive a new black USB key that will work on PC and Mac, and LightWave 9 comes with versions for both platforms so you will be able to switch back and forth at will with no further complications.

B

donny
06-16-2008, 04:47 PM
You may want to get a purple duo just incase you want to use the Mac 6.0 at one point.

Morbius
06-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Yes, if you order the upgrade and ask for a dongle swap you will get it included. You will receive a new black USB key that will work on PC and Mac, and LightWave 9 comes with versions for both platforms so you will be able to switch back and forth at will with no further complications.

B

Is there an extra fee for the swap? Do I send my old dongle in first?

Now I just need that stimulus check. :P

donny
06-17-2008, 08:51 AM
No if you do it at the time of the upgrade there should be no charge. As for shipping in the dongle first you will have to call Customer Service to set up the dongle swap.