PDA

View Full Version : particle illusion 2 FREE on digit mag NOW

cresshead
07-25-2003, 09:03 AM
Hi
i know we're all excited about lw 8 but don't miss out on particle illusion 2 FREE on digit mag NOW...i picked up digit magazibe today and it's very cool...if you ever tried out combustion 2's particle system you'll know that it's particels are based from particle illusion 2..which is free on the mag today.

you've seen some of the particle effects on jimmy neutron's film and t.v series pus on roughtneck cronicles so you've got a great opportunity to get realtime particles for use along side lightwave...for £5.99

also note that there's 3 great video tutorials to get you up to speed on the dics as well

cheers
steveg

milkman
07-25-2003, 11:26 AM
i think people should also know that this is just a trial.... or so says www.digitmag.co.uk

hcompston
07-25-2003, 12:37 PM
Particle Illusion 3 is a trial but 2 SE is the full thing.

Digit is giving away the full, complete package Ė it isnít save-disabled, and will not timeout. It includes full export functions, and uses OpenGL to give real-time rendering.

This is from digits site here (http://www.digitmag.co.uk/news/display_news.cfm?NewsID=3058)

Stranahan
07-25-2003, 12:40 PM
PI is awesome.

milkman
07-25-2003, 12:51 PM
Forgive me, I stand corrected

cresshead
07-25-2003, 01:01 PM
hi
just so that it's totally crystal clear to everyone:

on digit this month which is issue 64
is particle illusion 2 special edition that is fully working with no time out or registration needed...and has 3 video's to get you up n runnig fast.
particle illusion 2 is a FULL APPLICATION..no time out etc.

also...
on the disc is a DEMO version of particle illusion 3.0 and in the mag they are running an offer so you can upgrade to version 3 from your free version of 2 for $249. [cd version]

web link

www.digitmag.co.uk

steve g

takkun
07-25-2003, 01:57 PM
what makes it a "special edition", does that mean they put a limit on some features or something like a render size limit?

Here in the states we have to wait another month to get this issue, but thanks for the heads up!

cresshead
07-25-2003, 02:38 PM
the things that make it a special edition :

1.no registration..just spin the disc and load it.
2.you can only produce one layer
[this maybe a particle illusion 2 limitation not a special edition limitation]
it say's that with particle illusion 3 you can produce layers..

other than that it's all the same as particle illusion 2!

steve g

TyVole
07-25-2003, 03:08 PM
You can download a demo of PI2 from their Web site.