PDA

View Full Version : Render Quality.

karlieman
06-13-2008, 07:56 AM
i've been making these really good renders in LightWave even when i play the animation it looks good. but when i play it on my TV it looks pixely. dose any body know what my problem is.:help::lwicon:

rombust2
06-13-2008, 08:31 AM
Try rendering with resolution set to D1(PAL) (NTSC in america) (In Camera Properties)
You may need to turn off/on "Field Rendering"

It sounds like an interlacing problem

BigHache
06-13-2008, 04:33 PM
LW's default camera resolution is 640x480, so if you haven't changed that your animation is actually being enlarged when displayed on a TV, so it would pixelize.

Surrealist.
06-13-2008, 08:06 PM
What is the aspect ratio of your TV screen? And how are you playing it there? From a DVD? If you have a widescreen TV you'll want to pick one of the wide screen formats. And if you are burning to DVD, make sure you are not compressing it too much.

And finally you can render avi and Mpg as progressive (non interlaced) and it will look much better on your screen. Most DVD players these days can handle a progressive signal and it will display even on CRT screens just fine.

Progressive will give you a more "film look". Interlaced will look like video. But with interlaced you also have to make sure your field order is correct for the format you are using.

Morbius
06-14-2008, 01:40 AM
How are you sending it to the tv? From the computer or from a DVD? If DVD it needs to be 720x480.

Course this also depends on if you're using a regular SD TV or some HD LCD.