PDA

View Full Version : Layout/Object Problem

Pietergrobler
06-13-2008, 12:32 AM
Hi guys,

Just wondered if any of you guys ever received this problem in layout. I am currently running 9.3.1 for mac full version. When i work in modeler and save my file (lwo) and then send it to layout it gives me an error.

"Can't find object file"

If i try to load the object into Layout same problem. And can only by-pass the problem by saving my work on the desktop. Then it loads everything fine. The moment i save it (or move it to my harddrive layout cannot find object file).

Can anyone help. Will really appreciate it. Thanks
Pieter

meshpig
06-13-2008, 01:18 AM
Hi

Where are you loading from and saving to when it doesn't work?

If it loads OK from the desktop it's something to do with which directory you have your project folder in.

Try moving your files to Documents.

m

Pietergrobler
06-13-2008, 05:53 AM
I have two drives installed on my mac, on for programmes and the other for work. So Lightwave runs on drive 1 and the files i am saving is on drive2.

I will save my files on the same drive lightwaves runs on and test it. Never had this problem in previous versions of Lightwave - strange.

Thanks for the advise, appreciate it.

Pieter.

eblu
06-13-2008, 04:20 PM
you have a character in the path that is unreadable.
perhaps a space, a dot, almost any punctuation, etc...

for instance:
[email protected]#$%^&*(){}:"<>?,./';[]- `~

or any of the extended characters such as:
œ∑†ˆπ“‘…˚∆˙ƒ∂Ω≈√∫˜≤≤≥

I'm guessing you've used a / or a . in a directory name.

eblu
06-13-2008, 05:07 PM
also,
you could have permissions really screwed up. its unlikely bc Modeler works...

or the hub could be fried. sometimes the hub loses contact with who has what, and it makes bad decisions. I have no idea what causes that.

Chilton
06-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Hi,

There are a few reasons this could happen. If you email me a crash log though, I can probably tell you exactly what is happening.

-Chilton

[email protected]
[email protected]

Pietergrobler
06-18-2008, 01:15 AM
Thank for all the advice, i will test all of them and let you know. And send the reports. Thanks.

Pieter