PDA

View Full Version : Help on Chroma Key

elactv
06-12-2008, 03:43 PM
We are trying to do basic chroma key, blue screen using 2 cameras.
one on the talent other on the background, does anyone knows how to key 2 cameras.
Thank you
Carlos
ELACTV

KevinL
06-12-2008, 05:42 PM
"We are trying to do basic chroma key, 2 cameras."

one on the talent: Are you shooting the talent against the blue screen (I would assume so)
What and where is is the background shot?

The reason I ask is it sounds like you are doing a "live" shot, so I wonder what the specific setup and desired result is. For example, if both cameras are in the same space, could you just frame live.

Or is it like you are at a racetrack and one camera is remote out on the field with talent in a studio chroma screen setup?

Finally, do you have a hardware switcher and does it have chroma key built in or are you going to use a software solution?

Kevin L

stargatesg1
06-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Most times if your using Tricaster or VT you would capture the background as an image and then put it together in the virtual set options and key the live green/blue footage over a DDR if your doing live or...do it in the editor if you just record the green/blue footage then composite it together in speededit-VT or in another package like afterFX Fusion etc.

We are trying to do basic chroma key, blue screen using 2 cameras.
one on the talent other on the background, does anyone knows how to key 2 cameras.
Thank you
Carlos
ELACTV