PDA

View Full Version : Crash on change of effect bus

deaddavey
06-12-2008, 07:44 AM
When I have a livematte activated on my DDR channel, i cannot change my live camera [clicking to a different effects bus channel] without it crashing the live feed to black (have to reload vt5)

Also, can anyone tell me why if the livematte is on an input (non ddr/cg) I change the preview and the effects bus also changes with it (without crashing IIRC)...?

When this happens, I cannot select a preview (to add or change a livematte feature) without it also selecting the corresponding effect bus camera (which I may not want to change)... But if its DDR/computer source, then I CAN select them independantly....

Having said CAN, of course, If i click on an effects source (not preview) then it crashes VT (no error).

HELP!

VT5
VT3 board
SX8
RS8
Core 2 Quad
8400GS Geforce
3gb Ram
Vista 64

GaryG
07-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Us too - if we apply a livematte to the iVGA source, then switch to a different source in the effects bus, it crashes. Every time, 100% repeatable.

In this application, we can't key lyrics over top of cameras and switch cameras (it's a church concert) without it crashing.

Quiet1onTheSet
07-30-2008, 10:52 PM
VT5
VT3 board
SX8
RS8
Core 2 Quad
8400GS Geforce
3gb Ram
Vista 64

Hmmm. I wonder if your issue is related to your having a VT[3] card, instead of the VT PRO card...

GaryG? Which VT card are you rockin'?

Q1
:question:

GaryG
09-05-2008, 06:45 AM
I believe we have an older card - I'm honestly not sure, as we bought the system used.

How can you tell?

Suspecting that we were running out of video channels on the card, or something like that, I disabled the preview output. I believe that fixed it. We've also been playing with a beta release, so that might be what fixed it.

Whatever it is, we're now able to successfully switch key sources on the FX row. I will report more on our full configuration later.

jcupp
09-05-2008, 12:42 PM
If you have used the preview out you have the new card. If this problem only occurs when you are using the preview out on the SX-8(4) you are probably maxing out the PCI bus. If on your motherboard, in the CMOS setup, you have an option to adjust the PCI Bus Latency - set it to 128. That may solve the problem.

GaryG
09-14-2008, 07:07 AM
Sorry -- to be more clear: I disabled the Preview Out in the toaster settings; it was enabled, but does not physically work. I now assume we have the older card, based on the fact that the Preview option has never worked.

We'll probably upgrade to the new card soon - with the timewarp, it'd be sweet to punch up the DDR on the FX bus and give the timewarp operator an FX bus monitor.

Either way - we haven't had this problem again.

madoka
09-15-2008, 07:43 AM
I had same problem with VT[3] hardware. It crashed with live sources on effect row. VT Pro card doesn't have this problem

essentricaudio
09-22-2008, 04:12 PM
We have also had this same problem with VT[3] hardware. I will swap to a VT Pro card, as it sounds like this is the only solution. (crash happens using a live matte on a iVGA source doing graphics overlay)