PDA

View Full Version : OT - Things you never knew...

pumeco
06-12-2008, 04:32 AM
...about your TV set.

There are little Cities and Elevators in there - seriously!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75WFTHpOw8Y

iojabba
06-12-2008, 05:32 AM
I kept waiting for her to get electrocuted. Her hair looks like she may have already discharged the CRT.

pumeco
06-12-2008, 06:21 AM
Yeah, I wondered if the hair was a result of one she tackled earlier :D
I dumped a flat-panel not long ago, stupid really, I should have sent it to her!

KevinL
06-12-2008, 05:52 PM
This explains so much about her ostrich costume at the awards ceremony a while back :)

Can you say Kv, Electrostatic arcing, capacitive plate effect in vacuum tube assemblies,
boom operator way to close to frame and also just slightly, disturbingly erotic in a twisted, twisted way.

The power of YouTube: In can be used for good and evil....

Kevin L :)

Jim_C
06-12-2008, 05:58 PM
A single map... duct taped to the wall.... as bizarre as you would expect

pumeco
06-13-2008, 04:24 AM
... and also just slightly, disturbingly erotic in a twisted, twisted way...

I bet you're one of the 550 comment makers who says ... OMG, she's so f*cking cute!!!
Go on Kev, admit it :hey:

I could be wrong but I read 'all' the comments and you do sound familiar.

3DGFXStudios
06-13-2008, 04:38 AM
definitely the second take!!! hehehe

gerry_g
06-13-2008, 12:11 PM
If there's still room on Douglas Adams 'B Ship' I'm buying her a ticker. But I'll just shoot the sound guy and the cameraman, it'll be cheaper

Pavlov
06-13-2008, 12:28 PM
I hate this woman.
The most overrated musician in recent history, imho... and this damn LastFM keeps pushin her in my own listenings, damnit.

Paolo

hunter
06-13-2008, 01:35 PM
If there's still room on Douglas Adams 'B Ship' I'm buying her a ticker. But I'll just shoot the sound guy and the cameraman, it'll be cheaper

I'll Help ya'

mattclary
06-13-2008, 01:36 PM
I bet you're one of the 550 comment makers who says ... OMG, she's so f*cking cute!!!

I'll say it. ;)

She seems like a total freak, but it is fascinating to watch her (in this video). She seems very elfin and delicate. Her eyebrows could use a little work though...

Don't know any of her music, but think I have heard it on the radio a few times.

pumeco
06-13-2008, 06:40 PM
I'll say it. ;)

She seems like a total freak, but it is fascinating to watch her (in this video). She seems very elfin and delicate. Her eyebrows could use a little work though...

Don't know any of her music, but think I have heard it on the radio a few times.

But freak is good, don't you agree it's better to be different than to be a follower?

So, it seems Gerry, Pavlov, and hunter clearly don't like her, her work, or whatever. If I were still in my teen years I would have probably tried to defend her after those comments. You learn to understand though, that not everything you like is everyone elses cup of tea.

I don't agree with them though, simply because, I think Bjork (probably more so than any of the others) has managed to create her very own style of music, and has a personality that can portray it in very strange ways. It's a package that on the whole is not the norm.

Personally, I just think there's something very clever about the way her music can grow on you.

Try it with this one ... just trust me ... try it :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjAoBKagWQA

Hear it once, you might not like it.
Hear it a second time and you might think ... hmmm.
Hear it a third time and you might realize stuff you never noticed before.

BTW, Matt, you might find this one even more 'disturbingly' erotic when she's given a mouth examination prior to an extraction - perv :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyEJxzQM24Q
(She's got a bloody good truck as well).

Tom Wood
06-13-2008, 07:30 PM
But freak is good, don't you agree it's better to be different than to be a follower?

Yes, freak is good.

I don't understand why we expect our artists to be "normal".

The funny part of the TV video is at the end when she admonishes against believing poets over scientists. She clearly has both sides of the brain under her command, so it's a little dig from one side at the other.

gerry_g
06-14-2008, 02:47 AM
Don't think freaky has anything to do with ,intermittently she has produced some good stuff and I have a couple of her albums but thats not the point, all it comes down to for me is did they post the video to UTube before or after the drugs wore off

pumeco
06-15-2008, 04:52 PM
Well I never thought I'd see the day when I'd post a reply to Tom and Gerry - but here it comes :

@Tom
Exactly, that's one of the reasons I like her work (although I don't like all of it). There's just too many artists doing the same thing. There may be various genres of music such as Rock and Classical, but I sometime feel the one genre that's missing is - Bjork. Her stuff is so individual it's often hard to classify it, or at least, it's nowhere near as easy as it is with the other artists :thumbsup:

@Gerry
Drugs ... what ... that wasn't you who's just posted a comment about being on crack was it? You don't have to be on drugs to appreciate Bjork, I mean I'm not on drugs - and I like her!

Here's another side to her for those who are watching this. It's a track from a movie she made, using the rhythm of a train track as the foundation 'cause ... well ... that's creativity for ya :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9zFt6M_GLo

pumeco
06-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Just thought I'd add this one as well, a less 'strange' but more melodic type of track.
I'm working on a cover of this one in my spare time, ain't coming along too bad either, really enjoying it as well :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5nNfbTS6N4