PDA

View Full Version : Application error in modeller

jupussi
07-25-2003, 06:29 AM
Hello

This is my first post to the NewTek board :)

I have registered version of Lightwave 7.5. It has worked fine for about 6 months. But it started crashing new days ago in modeller.

The easiest way to get it crashing is:
-Make a box
-press tab twice.

Plus it crashes in a lot of other situation too. Eg when switching the to wireframe mode.

Does anybody have any ideas how to get Modeller working again?

I'm using Win2000 SP 4, Intel P4 2.4GHz, 512MB RAM, nvidia gforce 4400 ti.

I had SP3 previously, but installed SP4 to try to fix the problem. It didn't fix it.

Detonator is version 44.03.

jupussi
07-25-2003, 07:26 AM
update.

I re-installed Lightwave. It is now 7.5. I also insalled older Detonator(43.45) drivers.

No improvement :(

rabid pitbull
07-25-2003, 10:51 AM
try deleting your config files. I don't think they are trashed when uninstlling lw. :confused: Anyhow it is worth a try. search windows for all lw*.cfg files and delete them. Sometimes they can get screwed up and cause these types of problems.

jupussi
07-26-2003, 07:25 AM
I deleted config files, and tryed again. It didn't fix it :(

rabid pitbull
07-26-2003, 10:44 AM
ok i reread your original post and it does sound more like it is a video driver problem. are the detonator drivers windows certified (whql)? I would also wonder if anything else has recently changed? Any new software? Beyond this I would make sure that the hard drive is defragged, if still a problem maybe a call to newtek is in order. They are very good on the phone, but very slow through email.:(

hope you get it straightened out!
James

jupussi
07-28-2003, 03:33 AM
Crashing is now gone!

The problem was that I had JSPager active. It is a virtual desktop program. I disabled it and now Modeler seems to work.

I had JSPager installed for couple weeks ago. I just didn't use features of lightwave that would trigger the crashing earlier.

I dont't know how other virtual desktop programs behave with Lightwave, but JSPager doesn't. It's a shame, becouse I like multiple desktops.

But, all ok now.