PDA

View Full Version : Drawing in Modeler Viewports using LScript?

Matt
06-11-2008, 06:44 AM
I think I've asked this before, but here goes again!

Can you draw simple tool lines etc. in Modeler's viewports using LScript, preferably using different colours?

If so, can someone point me to some examples?

I have a few scripts I wrote that would benefit from some better feedback.

Much appreciated.
Matt

P.S. If this is not possible, this would be something I'd love to see in LScript in the future.

adamredwoods
06-11-2008, 12:50 PM
You could fake it, with trouble, by applying a CustomObject plugin at the same time your tool is being run, then send info back and forth between the two plugins.

Lightwave's 9.3.1 SDK offers a new handler type, Gizmo, which makes interfacing soooo much easier. THis is for C/C++ devs. It would be nice for them to open up gizmos to lscript.

Matt
06-11-2008, 04:55 PM
And you can add and control custom objects using LScript?

Dodgy
06-11-2008, 05:08 PM
As I understand it form a friend, you can access gizmos from lscript. I've been trying to get him to give me an example with no luck so far :)

evenflcw
06-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Is the gizmo class even available in Modeler? Gizmos use methods from the Layout Tool and Custom Object class. Layout Tool and MeshEditTool might have things in common, but there ain't no Custom Objects in Modeler. I don't think it's possible to create Modeler MeshEditTool in lscript yet.

PS: This is not the beta forum. ;)

adamredwoods
06-11-2008, 06:02 PM
As I understand it form a friend, you can access gizmos from lscript. I've been trying to get him to give me an example with no luck so far

*GASP*
:heart:

Did they incorporate it, but not document it?
If so, it'd be something like customobjects, but with "Gizmo" as a function. You'd be able to include it in any script.

adamredwoods
06-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Is the gizmo class even available in Modeler?

OOPS! Sorry Matt, I skimmed too fast and didn't see Modeler.
Yes, gizmo and custom object is Layout only.

adamredwoods
06-11-2008, 06:12 PM
So only in LW's SDK you can draw using c/c++ with the MeshEditTool handler. I dont think this is exposed to LScript.

Blochi
06-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Yeah, its a shame.
Guess what you could do is generate your very own 2-point-polys and give them that cyan color. You'd just need to take care of cleaning up afterwards...

Blochi

Matt
06-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Yeah, its a shame.
Guess what you could do is generate your very own 2-point-polys and give them that cyan color. You'd just need to take care of cleaning up afterwards...

Blochi

I did think of that actually, be nice if Gizmos were available in Modeler to LScript though.