PDA

View Full Version : workspace

andrewelliott
06-09-2008, 08:38 AM
Real stupid questin sorry.

I managed to get my work space side by side, instead of top and bottom.
How can I switch, it back to normal?

nepvetm1
06-09-2008, 09:34 AM
right click the seperation line and click either vertical or horizontal.

Quiet1onTheSet
06-09-2008, 08:30 PM
right click the seperation line and click either vertical or horizontal.How 'bout that. (I've been simply "double-clicking" said separation line to go back and forth...)

Q1

Seattle-HotShot
06-10-2008, 12:21 AM
OMG that is the coolest thing I didn't know... hmmm wonder what else I don't know?? I suppose that has been around since VT 1 right? sheesh...

Ok, how about this. Every now and then, I'd like to completely separate the top and bottom pane. For example, I usually have time line on the bottom, so I'd like that to go full width across my monitor. But the top half I could go half width, and then put my output monitor there... Sort of undock the Control Tree (top) from the Timeline (bottom) if that makes sense?

ScorpioProd
06-10-2008, 12:28 AM
Yeah, makes total sense.

But no, no current way to undock the two panes.

Quiet1onTheSet
06-10-2008, 02:38 AM
Yeah, makes total sense.

But no, no current way to undock the two panes.We-l-ll, *that* would be nice.

:hijack:
As for other SpeedEDIT Tips and Tricks, ScorpioProd -- thanks again for your affirming the need for refinement of the Send To DV Tape function so that it'll output 16:9 SD to widescreen capable camcorders and decks.

"Render the timeline to 16x9 widescreen avi, then right click on the rendered file, and select the Print to Tape option". Really cool tip there.

Q1

Norman
06-11-2008, 03:40 PM
How about opening two windows, with the options you want?

Seattle-HotShot
06-12-2008, 12:19 AM
I could open SE twice, is that what you mean? What I'm saying, in SE (Not VT) I'd like to undock the top pane from the bottom pane. But we've already decided that's not yet an option. I bring it up about once every 6 months, just to see if it happened and I don't know about it yet!

Quiet1onTheSet
06-13-2008, 06:43 PM
I could open SE twice, is that what you mean? What I'm saying, in SE (Not VT) I'd like to undock the top pane from the bottom pane. But we've already decided that's not yet an option. I bring it up about once every 6 months, just to see if it happened and I don't know about it yet!Yeah. Not yet. The only way'ta do that would be to assign the top pane to a different monitor, then move that monitor around the room, wherever you'd like.

Q1
:D

Norman
06-15-2008, 04:37 AM
Carlin,

Yes, I was talking about opening two instances of SE to achieve your objective. I've never tried it, but in theory, it should work.

Seattle-HotShot
06-16-2008, 09:27 AM
I can't try it now, but I don't think one instance of SE would update the other instance of SE. I'll try it though, just to see.