PDA

View Full Version : LW 'Support' Directories

jeffreywpearson
06-07-2008, 12:37 PM
Currently I am jumping between 9.3 and 9.5 Beta. I just bought the if2w textures/nodes/etc and had a thought. Its really a pain when you upgrade versions and have to migrate all of the support stuff (ie plugins,textures,etc) to the new install. I was wondering, if I move all of those directories to /Library/Application Support/Lightwave, would everything be picked up and usable by whatever version I have kick off?

Jeff Pearson

Chilton
06-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Ask in the Open Beta forums.

-Chilton

jeffreywpearson
06-07-2008, 04:09 PM
OK. Let me rephrase then since the question is not about the 9.5 beta.. If I run 9.1 and 9.3 in different install folders.I just bought the if2w textures/nodes/etc and had a thought. Its really a pain when you upgrade versions and have to migrate all of the support stuff (ie plugins,textures,etc) to the new install. I was wondering, if I move all of those directories to /Library/Application Support/Lightwave, would everything be picked up and usable by whatever version I have kick off?

Chilton
06-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Hi,

9.3.1 was the first version to properly support some of these Mac folder structures. Previous versions used a different system to prevent breaking certain plug-ins (among other reasons).

9.3.1 and 9.5 (open beta) support the same folder structure, partly for the reason you're referring to, but that's all I will say about that outside of those forums.

-Chilton

jeffreywpearson
06-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Chilton, My apologies. I was not aware that this truly was a question that was specific to including the OB. I will of course move this to the OB forums.

eblu
06-10-2008, 09:25 AM
nevermind