PDA

View Full Version : HD inputs

author
06-06-2008, 08:41 AM
we're very interest in Tricaster ... the only thing holding back purchase is HD ... can any of the Tricaster models now (or will there soon be a model) that can accept HD input? i.e. from HD cameras?

thanks

jredmond108
06-06-2008, 08:43 AM
I'm in the same situation. Want HD and SDI. And I do not need the visual sets - I've never did a live event in the past 20 years that I needed a visual set for...

If anyone knows when and about how much that would be greatly appreciated.

James

ted
06-06-2008, 09:49 AM
author, yesterday I tried feeding a HD signal from out HVX 200-A to our TriCaster Studio just for fun and it didn't work. Tried 1080i and 720.

I don't think we'll hear any news of an HD TriCaster for a year or so. Hopefully by next NAB since I'm already getting requests for HD recordings.

James, I thought the same thing, but when showing our existing clients the TriCaster's Virtual Set capabilities, they started coming up with ideas for using it/them. Never hurts to have that capability in your pocket. :D

Jim_C
06-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Isn't there a post here somewhere where someone was told (I think at Red Carpet) that Newtek was shooting for TC HD in first quarter '09....?

pretty sure....

Matt Drabick
06-06-2008, 09:54 AM
I am the NewTek TriCaster dealer in NC . . . please feel free to call me with any questions you may have or to arrange a hands-on TriCaster demo.

Matt Drabick,
DigiTek Systems
Raleigh, NC
919-790-5488

author
06-07-2008, 05:06 PM
I am the NewTek TriCaster dealer in NC . . . please feel free to call me with any questions you may have or to arrange a hands-on TriCaster demo.

Matt Drabick,
DigiTek Systems
Raleigh, NC
919-790-5488

Thanks, Matt... and if I buy one from you, does that include dinner at the Angus Barn?

--Ralph

author
06-07-2008, 05:07 PM
author, yesterday I tried feeding a HD signal from out HVX 200-A to our TriCaster Studio just for fun and it didn't work. Tried 1080i and 720.

I don't think we'll hear any news of an HD TriCaster for a year or so. Hopefully by next NAB since I'm already getting requests for HD recordings.

James, I thought the same thing, but when showing our existing clients the TriCaster's Virtual Set capabilities, they started coming up with ideas for using it/them. Never hurts to have that capability in your pocket. :D

thanks for the info... well, I hope Newtek does it a little sooner than that, we need it this year.

Matt Drabick
06-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Angus Barn or Vinnie's Steakhouse, take your pick!

Matt Drabick, DigiTek Systems

author
06-15-2008, 06:58 AM
Angus Barn or Vinnie's Steakhouse, take your pick!

Matt Drabick, DigiTek Systems

Never tried Vinnie's ... but I've heard of it. Went to N.C. State and come to Raleigh occasionally on biz, so I've eaten at the Angus Barn several times.

Thanks,

now get me a TriCaster HD ;-)

--Ralph