PDA

View Full Version : iVGA as PIP

brigdon
06-04-2008, 07:03 PM
I am using a TriCaster Pro to webcast football games. I would like to insert the game clock in the corner of the screen. I realize I cannot key in one live shot on top of another with the Pro, but I do have a potential solution: Using a separate PC, I can use a camcorder via firewire to display on the PC, then use iVGA to make it essentially a fourth live input. I can use a green Powerpoint slide to key against. What I haven't been able to find is a plug-in for Powerpoint that allows the insertion of a camera feed into a slide.

Every player I have tried has a border around the picture (with play controls and such), which won't be acceptable. I need a borderless overlay of the firewire input on top of a green Powerpoint slide. I can then key the live game in and be on my way.

Any suggestions? Also, is there a kludge to approximate tally lights for the Pro?

euroval
07-26-2008, 05:51 AM
did you try with adobe ultra?

SBowie
07-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Maybe I'm missing something, but the complex workarounds would seem to me to justify the 2.0 upgrade, which would provide a number of approaches to the problem.

brigdon
08-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but the complex workarounds would seem to me to justify the 2.0 upgrade, which would provide a number of approaches to the problem.
Absolutely. However, upgrading may not be an option, due to monetary limitations.

Tarheel Cougar
08-05-2008, 06:35 PM

If only that were true for the Tricaster standard model as well...

SBowie
08-06-2008, 06:12 AM
If only that were true for the Tricaster standard model as well...Understood, but its my impression LiveSet had to be omitted for that system given the somewhat more limited hardware resources.

nogometas
08-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Euroval,

Did you try your private messages?