PDA

View Full Version : Killer Shark

fasih
06-04-2008, 12:56 PM
http://i25.tinypic.com/kaldz4.jpg

Hi,
here is my last work by Lightwave 3D 9.2,

Design Time: 14h full time :)
Render Time: 50 min (Fprime, Volumetric Light, DOF, Radiosity Montcarlo, Anti aliasing Pass 9)

Regards
Alireza Fasih

CPU AMD Atlon XP 2G, 512mb RAM, Nvidia 5200 256mb

karlieman
06-04-2008, 01:34 PM
looks good, just a few things you should fix. first the inside of the sharks mouth is pretty blurry. lastly the teeth in the bottom right don't have any gums so they look fake. fix toughs things and it will look pretty darn good.
:D:thumbsup::lwicon:

fasih
06-04-2008, 10:04 PM
looks good, just a few things you should fix. first the inside of the sharks mouth is pretty blurry. lastly the teeth in the bottom right don't have any gums so they look fake. fix toughs things and it will look pretty darn good.
:D:thumbsup::lwicon:

Thank you, for your suggestion, I fixed it.

http://i26.tinypic.com/15mz29u.jpg

karlieman
06-05-2008, 07:20 AM
looks great, keep the posts coming.:D:thumbsup::lwicon:

greeb1957
06-05-2008, 07:41 AM
give him some visible scars perhaps, make him look like a weatherd shark. I think it looks good so far though. :)

Mitja
06-06-2008, 01:25 AM
Render Time: 50 min (Fprime, Volumetric Light, DOF, Radiosity Montcarlo, Anti aliasing Pass 9)

I know it could be a silly comment... but Volumetric lights don't work with FPrime, and LW AA settings don't affect AA of FPrime. Maybe you are aware of this, or maybe not - so this info could help you.

Anyways, the model itself could be somehow improved, I don't like so much the shape of this shark. What I like particularly is the caustics effect on its skin: very nice!

cheers

fasih
06-06-2008, 05:07 AM
I know it could be a silly comment... but Volumetric lights don't work with FPrime, and LW AA settings don't affect AA of FPrime. Maybe you are aware of this, or maybe not - so this info could help you.

Anyways, the model itself could be somehow improved, I don't like so much the shape of this shark. What I like particularly is the caustics effect on its skin: very nice!

cheers

Thank you Mitja, for your notice. Due to the heavy process of volumetric light in my system, I had to render the scene without objects (only volumetric light + background), in second shot I rendered all part of the scene and background without light volumetric based on FPrime engine. Thereafter, I composed both renders with alpha image in photoshop. in both shot AA was set in Pass-9.
I used an Ocean wave pattern in spot light setting for emitting on its skin.
Thank you very much.

Mitja
06-06-2008, 05:52 AM
Aha, I see! In fact I suspected something like this...
Cheers