PDA

View Full Version : LW 9.3 Trial viewports are slow

S.Beres
06-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Hello

Anyone experience very slow viewports on LW 9.3 Trial UB?

On both white Macbook and Mac Pro '08 (Ati base card) viewports have like same speed even with that graphic cards on both machines are totaly uncomparable in performance.

Anyone know how to go around that issue to finaly could test that trial before it runs out of time?

[EDIT] Wanted to add that i don't receive any chrashes nothing it just run totaly slow especialy in Layer where to update viewport takes him sometime like 10 seconds

JeffrySG
06-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Is this in modeler or Layout? Also have you tried adjusting any of the display options? (d key) then in the GL tab. Is this in all of the display modes or just some? (wireframe, shaded, textured, etc)

S.Beres
06-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Is this in modeler or Layout? Also have you tried adjusting any of the display options? (d key) then in the GL tab. Is this in all of the display modes or just some? (wireframe, shaded, textured, etc)

It's in modeler and layout but worse in layout, goes same for all modes it helped a bit in modeler when i reduced subpath level to 1 but still layout is very slow in all modes. Changing layout viewport mode from shaded to wireframe takes around 30s to viewport refresh

Chilton
06-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Turn on VBOs, and stay in Smooth Shading mode in Modeler when possible.

-Chilton

Giacomo99
06-07-2008, 04:38 PM
FYI, for anyone on a newer Intel Mac, it would really behoove you to enroll in the 9.5 Open Beta. I realize this is not an option for users running the "trial" version--but you should be aware that a much faster and more responsive version exists. 9.3 on 2008 Intel Macs is something of a dog.

S.Beres
06-07-2008, 06:03 PM
FYI, for anyone on a newer Intel Mac, it would really behoove you to enroll in the 9.5 Open Beta. I realize this is not an option for users running the "trial" version--but you should be aware that a much faster and more responsive version exists. 9.3 on 2008 Intel Macs is something of a dog.

Yes i am looking forward for 9.5 trial / discover mode. I am not in a hurry thou playing around with 9.3 and C4D trials. LW has for me 2 big adventages. One is interface which is text and XSI like one (i use xsi at my company office) and price which is really good especialy when software will mostly be used for hobbystic and some minor freelance purposes. C4D definitly lose on those 2 grounds

multipasser
10-22-2008, 08:42 AM
Man seriously. I got a macpro Octa and Quad here with ATI's.
Both 9.3 and 9.5 are so slow in interface!

Like when selecting a plane that has 500 poly's I can almost follow the selection it makes..
It makes me mad and frustrated! What are the options I must set for it to be realtime?

Even my old p4 with a crappy gfx card is realtime at this polylevels.

Chilton
10-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Hi,

Ask in the Open Beta forum and I'm sure you'll get the answer you're looking for.

-Chilton