PDA

View Full Version : rendering the wire frame

malikai666
07-24-2003, 04:04 PM
How do I render out just the wire frame?
I know there is a way to do it but Im not seeing it?

munky
07-24-2003, 04:10 PM
render options click on realistic you should get the options of quickshade and Wireframe TADA!

regards

paul

riki
07-24-2003, 06:10 PM
You can also choose 'Render Outline' in the Advance Tab of the Surface Editor.

Triple G
07-24-2003, 08:21 PM
Or, you could set all your surface attributes to 0, and turn their transparency up to 100%. Then, in Object properties, go to the Edges tab and check the "Other Edges" box. This way renders slower than simply using the Wireframe option in the render settings, but gives you more control by allowing you to specify the wireframe color by changing the Edge Color (it's not tied to the surface color the way it is if you render in Wireframe mode).

jb_gfx
07-24-2003, 09:07 PM
For subpatched objects, if you want the original cage wireframe without losing the smooth effect from subdivision you can just make an atlas UV map, capture it then after some color and contrast editing map it back on your model.

Wow long sentence, I almost lost my breath... :)

riki
07-24-2003, 10:40 PM
Nice tip jb_gfx :D

lasco
07-25-2003, 03:04 PM
Or, you could set all your surface attributes to 0, and turn their transparency up to 100%. Then, in Object properties, go to the Edges tab and check the "Other Edges" box.

The same but faster :
don't touch your surfaces attributes,
just in the Object Properties set the dissolve to 99%,
and set the render of your edges in this same window.

murdoch
07-26-2003, 04:49 PM
yes, nice tip jb_gfx.

additionaly, if you export the UV window as an encapsulated postscript you'll have control over the line weight (and points option if selected) which you can then bring back into photoshop and make into a map - no need to clean up.

wireframe bumps - nice.

which reminds me, i must tile the bathroom floor.

riki
07-26-2003, 07:21 PM
It looks good in some areas but the flow of lines in some sections looks too much like 3D modeling rather than the type of patterns you might expect in hand-crafted ceramics.