PDA

View Full Version : I am Noob: Procedurial Texture strangeness

Teig
07-24-2003, 02:36 PM
Ok, I have looked at the Manual and searched these forums and I cant find a solution to what shouldent even be a problem.

I am trying to add a bump array to a rubber grip that is cylinder. I am using the procedurial, Bump Array to do this. The bump map according to the book should be uniform in spacing and "does not require a projection" based on the pictures in the book you should be able to make a golf ball type object. What I am getting is a few rows of dot bumps then some blank spaces. as an example open up the bump map and use a sphere preview, what should look like a golf ball doesnt where did I go wrong?

thanks

rabid pitbull
07-24-2003, 04:13 PM
sounds like the size settings are off, try using the automatic size button and go from there. Also could be some of the other settings.... it is sort of custom for each object. try playing with the settings with viper on in the color channel first(bumps dont show in viper). also make sure some sort of anti aliasing is on low should be fine while testing.

good luck

toby
07-24-2003, 06:07 PM
a procedural will not "wrap" itself around the cylinder - it just goes straight in all directions. Use an image map and set it's projection to cylindrical.