PDA

View Full Version : No Alpha????

kdennis
07-24-2003, 01:52 PM
I created a lower 3rd banner in PS7 with alpha and saved it as a tif. The banner loads without a problem but the alpha doesn't seem to exist.

I check the banner by pulling into AfterEffects and thealpha worked perfectly.

Any Ideas?

zgroff
06-08-2004, 01:58 PM
I think I'm having this same problem. I've created a graphic in Aura for VT[3] and when I export it, including the alpha channel, for use in the Character Generator, the Alpha Channel doesn't exist.

Is there a way to reach the alpha channel or use a key effect to take out the solid color it used to replace the alpha?

Zach

Rich Deustachio
06-08-2004, 02:10 PM
The early release version of PS7 had a problem saving alpha information. You might check to see if there is an update available.

zgroff
06-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Thanks...

I used Aura which came with VT[3] for this and it was giving me that problem. It works fine when I open the file in windows or other viewing programs... but in CG I can't make use of the Alpha.

The CG does use alpha as I am using it in a different part of the title.

Zach

SBowie
06-10-2004, 02:12 PM
I just tried this with Aura, and the image works fine with Alpha in my CG.

Don't forget that to save a file with alpha from Aura you must a) choose a 32bit filetype, b) set the File>Export>Alpha Channel setting appropriately (in this case, 'no premult') and c) set the Project Window background to 'None'.

zgroff
06-10-2004, 07:58 PM
Thanks Steve...

That was my problem... if all else fails.. read the manual... AGAIN..

Read it wrong and though that you needed the checkered or the other background and that None would give you no alpha... Thanks.

Zach

:)

SBowie
06-11-2004, 01:43 PM
Glad it worked out1

Bobt
06-11-2004, 03:12 PM
Would have been nice when you export formats that
support alpha Aura would
display a , "ya want alpha?", box.
Little things like that make a world of difference
in first time experience. ;)

Bob

zgroff
06-11-2004, 03:46 PM
Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop had that where you can select your transparency upon export... Very useful indeed.

Zach

bradl
06-11-2004, 10:35 PM
Mirage has totally revamped the export interface and all the choices are now very apparent all at once.

Jim_C
06-11-2004, 11:10 PM
Diving back into Mirage some now myself,
man,
is this ever a deep piece and powerful of software.
The more I learn, the more I realize how much I have to learn.

weeeeeeeeeee!!!

:D

SBowie
06-12-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Bobt
Would have been nice when you export formats that
support alpha Aura would display a , "ya want alpha?", box. Yeah, the option is kind of hard to find in Aura. Mirage's Export Requester is much more sophisticated, including the little menu shown here.