PDA

View Full Version : Free LW8 Training @ SIGGRAPH : Details

Stranahan
07-24-2003, 01:05 PM
We're going to have our all day free training on Monday, the 28th - at Onyx, one of the clubs that our party is in.

Signup info to follow, as soon as it's ready...

Time : 10am - 5pm
Price : Totally free
Seating : Limited

Attendees will also get priority entry to the party.

Classes will include information on version 7.5 AND the first indepth public look at the features as they apply to LW[8].

Topics will include character rigging, soft body dynamics, cel shading and more. This is lecture style training - you'll be able to get your hands on stuff at the party.

Signup details to come.

milkman
07-24-2003, 01:47 PM
any chance of a live webcast on this?

Stranahan
07-24-2003, 01:58 PM
Not technically possible...

milkman
07-24-2003, 01:59 PM
dang. Perhaps Newtek could sell CDs of the training... better yet bundle it with Lightwave8?

badllarma
07-24-2003, 02:40 PM
I'd just be happy with the release date for LW 8 in the UK so I can get the time booked off at work and then train myself:D

Qexit
07-24-2003, 02:46 PM
LW8 will be available in the UK at the same time it is available in the States. Don't forget that the LW8/DFX+ upgrade deal was for a downloadable copy of LW8. So when it goes up for people in the States, and the rest of the World, we will have access to it here in the UK at the same time. Could be a big download though, so I hope you have broadband Internet access like me :D

Cheers

problemchild
07-24-2003, 03:06 PM
Day Classes!!!

I'm busy during the day.
Schedule them midnight to 6AM. That slot's open.

:)

might have to miss it for other studd at Siggraph, but what's new.

Appreciate the user support!

cheers

badllarma
07-24-2003, 03:42 PM
Forgot that one Kevin yup all broadbanded up here too, lets hope Newteks Servers can take the demand once it's released:D

BTW haven't had a look at Colins Bird yet been trying to work out the tracking tools in DFX:)
BTW anyone know what a Lightwave MOT file is DFX seem to be able to export them?

KillMe
07-24-2003, 04:09 PM
well not broadband here =( damn BT not installed broadband in this area =( but alas i was sure i saw mentioned somewhere that there manuals etc too had been improved so while i might well try and download it even if it is big i'm gonna order me a nice boxed version too

Stranahan
07-24-2003, 10:50 PM
Okay - here's the link...

http://www.newtek.com/shows/siggraph/2003/index.html

colkai
07-25-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by badllarma

BTW haven't had a look at Colins Bird yet been trying to work out the tracking tools in DFX:)
BTW anyone know what a Lightwave MOT file is DFX seem to be able to export them?

Hi
- A MOT file is just a plain ole motion file from LW. Select an object and got to 'file/load/load motion file'.
It's a way of saving the objectes motion distinct from the whole scene.

Oh..I'll e-mail you my & Keiths take on the birdy thing after the weekend (Falconry beckons :D)

badllarma
07-25-2003, 08:04 AM
Colin I'd take your jacket! :D

Ahh so DFX can import motion files from lightwave, intresting would this includ the cameras motion:)

Qexit
07-25-2003, 09:33 AM
>>Sign up to win prizes even if you can't attend....

Care to expand on that one just a little bit ? Pretty please :) There only seems to be one sign up form available for free training, nothing about non-attendees and such. I can;t make it to Siggraph (maybe next year :D ) but as a competition addict the thought of winning prizes is always appealing !

badllarma
07-25-2003, 10:50 AM
Kevin sign up to visit Siggraph then at the bottom of the form is a radio button to click in if your not going. Had me guessing as well at first.

problemchild
07-25-2003, 12:54 PM
Lee,

Thanks for the signing details.

Do you have a breakdown of the 10-5 on Monday so we know what we're misisng if we come for half of it.

cheers

Stranahan
07-25-2003, 12:59 PM
Morning is soft bodies, rigid bodies and cel shading. 10am to 1pm

Afternoon is character animation, 2pm to 5pm.

Earl
07-25-2003, 03:11 PM
Sobbing in the corner quietly (for those who can't make it) will be from 10am to 5pm. Sobbing will continue at 6pm until close. :D

gggraphx
07-25-2003, 07:55 PM
In the other corner will be people who paid $$$ for training over at the Grant. Arrrrrg. Next year I'll wait 'til the last minute like everyone else.

Stranahan
07-25-2003, 08:15 PM
You should see if they have a refund policy....seriously...

They knew we were doing free LightWave8 training, and just charged people anyway...that sucks...