PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with LWcad

imint
05-30-2008, 09:36 PM
I purchase LWCAD 2.5 I been creating Archtop window and I can't get the wall cut out to follow the window shape. Cant some one help me and explain, the step in creating proper window to add to the library. I hope some one can help. Thanks:help:

imint
05-31-2008, 02:08 PM
I purchase LWCAD 2.5 I been creating Archtop window and I can't get the wall cut out to follow the window shape. Cant some one help me and explain, the step in creating proper window to add to the library. I hope some one can help. Thanks:help:Anyone have any suggestions?
I cand do this in Autocad 2008 in Minute and do the complete model in 1 day, but having trouble exporting it, I recreated the intire model in LW but can get the window to work

Philbert
05-31-2008, 02:14 PM
I had this same problem. Here's the basics:

See attached image
1. A quick window shape I threw together.

2. Draw a curve around the window shape, this will be your cutting tool. It can help to draw it on another layer with background snapping on. Make sure it has the same number of segments in the curve, so you won't have any gaps. Use LWCads tool "Curve To Polyline" on the curve and then Join to make sure it's actually connected to itself. With both on the same layer select the whole mess and add it to the library with Archi Detail > Add To Lib.

3. Tadaa! Window cuts a hole in wall.

I think there's something else you can do that has something to do with the thickness of the wall it will cut through or something, but it's not required. It's in the LWCad manual I think.

imint
05-31-2008, 02:47 PM
Thank you It work my friend, Is anything I can do To help just ask