PDA

View Full Version : Rendering stalls at about 80%

hard8
05-29-2008, 09:36 PM
I have been working on scenes for a job for bout a week now.

I opened up several scenes today to do some lighting work and LW either slows to a crawl on f-9 or stalls out completely.

These frames were taking about a minute, not they are taking upwards of 20....if they finish at all. Also, I can't abort the render.. I have to force quit the app. Seriously... nothing has changed. I restarted the computer and that's it.

Tried doing the usual voodoo.. prefs, blah blah...

Why is it that LW always falls apart 3 days before deadline?
If I can't fix this, I'm dead.

Any ideas?

MacPro/ 8 core / 10.5.1

Surrealist.
05-30-2008, 04:08 AM
Virus? But you're on A Mac. hmm... Mac forum?

Surrealist.
05-30-2008, 04:10 AM
Have you tried going back to the scenes that worked?

hard8
05-30-2008, 09:12 AM
yes. They don't render anymore.

Surrealist.
05-30-2008, 09:19 AM
Really?

Sorry, not a mac user so it has just traveled over my head. If it were a PC I'd be saying virus all the way.

Giacomo99
05-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Can you get any scene to render? Even a simple sphere-on-a-plane?

Chilton
05-31-2008, 07:27 AM
Hi,

Right now (due to Open Beta), I don't normally look at any forums except the Mac ones. So if you have a problem that looks like a Mac specific issue, feel free to ask in there ;-)

If you open Activity Monitor, double-click Layout, and then click the Sample button, and send me that sample, I can tell you what is happening. Because it really shouldn't be happening.

-Chilton

[email protected]
or
[email protected]

hard8
05-31-2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks guys.

I have no idea what caused it, but the problem just went away.
One minute I am blowing a deadline, 2 hours and 3 restarts later (and more than a few beers) and it's business as usual.

Must have been some memory leak, or the fact that Lightwave is a woman and it likes to see me suffer.