PDA

View Full Version : James Busby's Nodes, Please help

Bluesilver
05-28-2008, 12:22 PM
Hi,
I decided to learn skin shading in LW and found this amazing render.
First please check this thread here : http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=570664

He released the node diagram on the second page of this thread.
I am trying to make same nodes on LW 9.3.1 but I couldn't find some nodes. I think he made this with a previous version or changed names of some nodes.

My question is, what are the new or real names of following nodes in v9.3.1 ?
Diffuse color
Spec
Epidermal color
Gloss
Subdermal Color
Bump

If he changed above node's names, Please can you tell me their original names in the dropdown list.

Thanks

JohnMarchant
05-28-2008, 01:26 PM
I would contact james and ask him about the tutorial he was on about doing. The threads a few months old now so maybe its done or at least partially, he may release it to you.

Regards, John

PS I would love to see his tutorial as well :):)

Bluesilver
05-28-2008, 02:12 PM
I would contact james and ask him about the tutorial he was on about doing. The threads a few months old now so maybe its done or at least partially, he may release it to you.

Regards, John

PS I would love to see his tutorial as well :):)

Yes, I am waiting for his tutorial to learn his amazing skin renders.
But, while waiting, I just wanted to give it a try. I am newbee for node editor.
According to his node diagram, I assume he has changed some nodes as; Diffuse color,Spec,Epidermal color,Gloss,Subdermal Color,Bump.

The only thig that I want to know is, What are the real names of these nodes in the drop down list.

JeffrySG
05-28-2008, 02:36 PM
I think he is just using the 'simple skin' shader in the 'material' section of the nodes...

Is that what you were asking? Simple Skin has all of those areas in it...

JeffrySG
05-28-2008, 02:46 PM
grr.... 5min edit....

see pic...

RebelHill
05-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Those are just image nodes, with image maps, given the names they have to organise the node view more easily...

spiroz
05-28-2008, 03:42 PM
Yes, image nodes.
My guess is that he's painted a fullblown texture first and then extracted
dermalayers which corresponds to different shades of yellow/red..

Bluesilver
05-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Here is the node editor image. I put a ? what I am not sure the real names.

Also it would be great if you build his skin nodes from scratch (w/o changing their names) then send it here. All node newbee will appreciate for it.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r188/bluesilver50/node.jpg

JeffrySG
05-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Those are just image nodes, with image maps, given the names they have to organise the node view more easily...

yep, just image nodes... :)

Bluesilver
05-28-2008, 04:44 PM
yep, just image nodes... :)

Thanks,
I hope I can do (almost:) )same render now.

:lwicon: is really GREAT

JeffrySG
05-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Thanks,
I hope I can do (almost:) )same render now.

:lwicon: is really GREAT

Just keep in mind that while it takes some skill to get all the 'correct' nodes settings, the real talent lies in painting those great image maps... and that's one of the reasons that James' image looks so amazing!