PDA

View Full Version : Forward walking character

swingrays
05-28-2008, 08:01 AM
I know this is Lightwave 101 type stuff, but I'm coming back to it after a few years of not using it. I'm coming up to stumbling blocks that I just can't figure out and I know I'm just missing something obvious here.

Here's my new problem:
I have a character in the Motion Mixer and it's all good. But how do I get it to move forward? All the nulls want to stay in place when I pull it forward, so I end up with a character that looks like he's flying through a windstorm. I simply want him to walk on down the road for a bit! Should I initially keyframe the forward motion in the walk cycle, THEN go into Motion mixer? Would that just make my character return back to his starting point everytime he hits a new motion???

I'd ask my former instructor for help but he went Hollywood on me and is now unreachable. :D Hey Chad, if you're out there Trent is trying to contact you and needs a little help, ya hippie !!:help:

swing

Steamthrower
05-28-2008, 08:18 AM
Hey Trent! My name's not Chad, but if you'll post a screenshot of your character in wireframe mode, along with motion mixer shot, I can probably see where you need to add a null or change some values...the whole uploaded rig would be a plus unless you're antsy about uploading it.

swingrays
05-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Thanks Steam! Still at school so I'll upload it tonight! Nice Fender. How bout a Jazzmaster next!!!

Swing
www.lovehaters.com

Steamthrower
05-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Getting a Jazzmaster-bodied custom bass being built right now!

swingrays
05-29-2008, 06:56 AM
SWEEET! You gotta posts the pics! Still have to get my LW scene up here. Busy last night.

ts