PDA

View Full Version : Jpgs are not proportionate in VT

Jdeutsch
07-24-2003, 09:54 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm scanning a few pics to use in a program and noticed that all of the scans are not the same height/width that I scanned them in with. When I view the jpgs in IE or another W2k program, they are perfect; however, when loaded in VT the jpgs are 'zoomed in' way too far and are unusable.

What's going on? help!:confused:

jcupp
07-24-2003, 10:50 AM
The VT expects 720x486 images with .9 Pixel aspect ratio, you are probably giving it different size images with a pixel aspect of 1.

In preferences you can have TEd auto scale your images but this will only work if the pictures are the right aspect ratio. If you scan your pictures at 640x480 (a common preset size) and let the VT scale them to 720x486 this will (approximately) correct the pixel aspect ratio and maintain the proper picture aspect.

The other option is to individually scale the pictures in TEd.

wvp
07-24-2003, 09:21 PM
Not exactly sure I understood what Jeff was saying. .
I think what you are experiancing is this:
Your scanned pictures were scanned at a resolution much higher than video (720x486). When you attempt to 'use' these images in T2 the editor is only showing you 720x480 (from the center) of each picture.
Windows, etc. is set to automatically "re-size" pictures to fit the screen. T2 does not do this. Why? Becasue when you scan them in at a higher resolution you can then perform nice long pans & tilts on the pictures (and other stuff).
Ok so you want to make the images fit the screen. select one of the images in the storyboard, bring up the edit panel & select positioner. Make sure "keep aspect ratio" is checked and then change the size of the image to fit the screen. For verticals, you select the background color picker (on the composition page) and easily change the background to any color. In fact with the eye dropper, you can select a color from the image itself!