PDA

View Full Version : Final Cut Pro support

cfs50
05-27-2008, 04:15 PM
I've searched in a few different threads, but I don't think I've found a definitive answer.

I purchased Tricaster Pro last summer, and I've been hoping to get support for Final Cut Pro in the form of a codec plugin for FCP or a recording format the FCP can read.

I've seen on the forums that, at the moment, the only option is to "prepare for VCR", but we record long seminars, concerts and meetings that would take too long to render.

Let me know, and thanks!

grey_matters
05-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Never used Tricaster before, but been using FCP for fun and profit for several years. FCP is all about quicktime, and I'm pretty sure I read someplace that Tricaster can do quicktime, so I'm thinking you should be able to go between the two seemlessly. Or I could be way off ...

SBowie
05-27-2008, 08:24 PM
The 2.0 version TC software records in a 'platform agnostic' format.

Paul Lara
05-29-2008, 02:19 PM
...and to ensure complete file compatibility, the TriCaster Update 2.0 software (shipping soon) will record you live shows as MPEG-2 files, with a separate MP3 audio clip.

mdewolf
10-09-2008, 07:30 AM
cfs50 you can also run it through a free utility like MPEG StreamClip from squaresoft. The caveat here is that you'll need to be sure your mac has the quicktime mpeg2 playback codec/plugin (available for 19.99 from apple). You can then export from mpeg streamclip into a vast array of file formats.