PDA

View Full Version : Bridge

otacon
05-26-2008, 07:05 PM
This is a scene i did over the weekend. Having some fun with lighting and textures. Comments welcome.

OOZZEE
05-26-2008, 08:54 PM
wow - my new desktop ( if you dont mind).... over the weekend ????#$%#%#%#%#

this would take me a month to do something like this.

man thats nice. I really like it.

congrats on a very nice piece.

my only crit would be that the lamp posts be less bright for those further away. and the closest one be brighter. but otherwise lovely lovely lovely

Tippsy
05-26-2008, 10:19 PM
NICE very good!!! The only tiny thing I can see is the brick wall closest to the camera is a little unnatural looks a little fake but the texture is good with the ground so I dont know how u would be able to fix that. Beautiful!!!

rakker16mm
05-26-2008, 11:34 PM
That's beautiful. The bridge and the buildings work well together. I feel like I've been there. Are you going to do any animation? It looks like the scene really wants to tell a story.

I don't have any negative comments really. The only thing I could say that might add to the over all effect is to add a little depth of field. I get the feeling that the air is a bit clean. Maybe drop the contrast on the foreground texture so it doesn't jump out at you.

Mitja
05-27-2008, 03:38 AM
You want us to belive that you modeled, textured and rendered all this in a weekend?!
No way! ;)

Did you model the buidings in bg from scratch or they come from another project?

eomer
05-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Sweetness. Nice render, it's a little different from the nice rooms that you have done before. Nice lighting and great water effect! It's a good weekend render.:) This looks like a bridge night scene. A few question:

Did you use lightwave fog or is that post production?

Are the building in the background your models you made for this scene?

Some things that could of been cool: Maybe had the lamps gas lit. Some added smoke coming from the background. Maybe a showdow of someone walking? Maybe a boat.

:lwicon::newtek:

otacon
05-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks. I agree with the comments, i think some fog would really help and maybe someone on the bridge...i just got sick of working on it at some point.

It was all modeled from scratch. I found images online to use for textures on the buildings, only the front sides are textured. Heres a wire.